Author Topic: Campout educational idea. What do you think?  (Read 1158 times)

Lilburner

Campout educational idea. What do you think?
« on: June 27, 2021, 02:15:20 PM »
Other than the auction, we haven't had any kind of programs at the last couple of campouts. With so much uncertainty, attendance has been up in the air, and my assumption has been that everyone wanted to concentrate on the sorely-missed luxury of socializing.

Anytime someone wants to volunteer to do a presentation, I'm up for that. But as a lot of you know, I'm not a good one at asking people to do things.

Show and tell time has been nice, but I'm thinking of something a little bit different.

Something along the lines of people setting up little demonstrations at their campsites. A project they've made, or a hands-on skill for example that people could walk around and take turns participating in.

Probably carve out a chunk of time on Saturday, but not all people would be doing it at the exact same time, so they could walk around and look at other people's stuff.

Does any of this make any sense how I'm describing it?

Any thoughts?
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

upacreek

Re: Campout educational idea. What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 02:54:57 PM »
I think this is a great idea. These guys that have had their homesteads or prepping up for decades could definitely teach us a lot. Even simple stuff like how you store your stuff could help (without giving away how much/little you store) Grab stock photos off the internet if opsec is a concern.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Gunner

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 02:35:16 AM »
Im more than willing to come in with a class to teach.  I never mind sharing what I know. I think that I can stay on target with our group.... Im pretty sure that we are of a common mindset.
U.S. Army Signal Corps
U.S. Army Ordnance Corps
KK4KUB
Region 7, Georgia

BennyMG1

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 07:59:37 AM »
Yes! Any educational offerings would be great. The short “show and tells” were awesome.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Searchboss

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 06:04:57 PM »
This is a great idea! Anything from homesteading topics to camping stuff and anything in between is always good. I know several of the "regulars" could put something together if they are willing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal