Author Topic: Working towards off grid living  (Read 1314 times)

Patriot222

Working towards off grid living
« on: July 15, 2021, 10:03:14 AM »
Hello, I live in habersham county Georgia, and my family and I are working towards going off grid and being self sufficient. There’s been many learning curves but we are almost there!! I really want to get involved with others like ourselves to continue to learn and grow and become a part of the community.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: Working towards off grid living
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 11:06:39 AM »
Hello and welcome.  I am in region 8 and have solar water heating and solar electricity.  I have not paid a power bill in 6 years.  I recently purchased BOL property in region 2 and have designed a 3 building micro grid.  Now just need money and a contractor to build it for me.

As a group out next get together is a dinner at Panola Mountain State Park 7-31 lunch see details under state wide activities.  As a group we also have Spring and Fall Campouts and a Christmas Party.  Welcome.

BennyMG1

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 04:35:11 AM »
Welcome from rural middle Georgia.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Patriot222

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 01:50:32 PM »
Thank you for the invite, but I am 2 hours north of the park. I’m by Helen Georgia.

I have solar power for my house n love it!! I have turkeys, chickens, ducks, and rabbits, 2 incubators that have been hatching out since May,  a small garden and 25’ greenhouse. Have a lot of the basics up and running but still absolutely want n need to learn more and possibly trade with people if that’s allowed.

Definitely want to learn seed saving, ham radios, and anything n everything I can about gardening and canning. Share what I’ve learned about my fowl and learn more to keep them healthy and happy so they keep producing.

Thank you  :) :)

Patriot222

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 01:52:43 PM »
Oh I just learned I’m in region 2!!

joebob

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2021, 03:16:52 PM »
Welcome

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2021, 07:17:35 PM »
Yes,  I am 2   hours South of the Park.  We try to pick a centrally located location.  Maybe we can have a region 2 get to gather some time in the future.  It will be a couple of years before I have a place to live in Region 2 as it is just land now.  The good thing is I get to start from scratch and design my own......That's always a recipe for trouble!

Starlady

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2021, 09:10:20 AM »
Welcome from the great northwest, Region 1.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal