Author Topic: *Rechargeable Battery Reminder*  (Read 1470 times)

Surveyor1

*Rechargeable Battery Reminder*
« on: September 01, 2021, 09:39:12 PM »
About 10 years ago I stocked a pretty large supply of Eneloop rechargeable batteries because they said they have no memory, can be recharged up to 1500 times and they would hold 75% of their charge for 3 years.  They were not cheap as far as batteries go!  Well here we are 10 years later…. I in all honesty had forgotten about them!  I saw an article that jogged my memory and was hoping that I did not throw all of that money out the window!  I pulled the batteries out and as expected they were dead.  I started the process of charging them and, I’ll be damned, they all took a charge and work fine!  I’ve ordered a battery storage holder and will be charging these things at least once per year or if using them when needed.

If you bought rechargeable batteries don’t forget to hit them with a charge on occasion to keep them fresh.  I also had some Duracell rechargeable and even though they took twice as long they took a charge as well!  I’m not sure if I damaged them by letting them completely discharge but I am encouraged by the fact that they took the charge and seem to be holding it!  Just a reminder to charge your rechargeable batteries at least once per year so they will last!  Hopefully I still get the 1500 cycles out of them!!!
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Starlady

Re: *Rechargeable Battery Reminder*
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 02:59:08 PM »
Good reminder!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Surveyor1

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 04:19:48 PM »
Good reminder!

That’s really one of those things that need doing that is sooooo easy to forget, until you need them!!!
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

tlwagg

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 08:01:05 AM »
We've been using Eneloop for year and years and they are still going. Very good batteries when you buy them buy the pack that have the sleeves for C&D conversion.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal