Author Topic: Hello from Florida  (Read 980 times)

Jskkw

Hello from Florida
« on: September 28, 2021, 08:15:26 PM »
Thanks and glad to be here. I’m a Navy Vet , had been preparing for 20 plus yrs, to me it’s more of a lifestyle, especially living in hurricane areas. , had a homestead but sadly had to sell it when my husband got sick and passed. Afterwards I relocated to suburbs, i know, not the best place but closer to kids and grands so is what it is. Better to be by family than alone. Now I’m adjusting all the rural skills to the limitations of neighborhood living. It’s been a new learning curve. Don’t know how long I’ll stay as I miss the country and my livestock, but I’m making the most of the new situation. Adapt and overcome pretty much. Anyway, glad to be here, thanks.

Ravenwood1950

Re: Hello from Florida
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 09:39:30 PM »
Welcome, glad to have you! We are a group of pretty friendly folks. 😊
Ravenwood

BennyMG1

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2021, 04:52:37 AM »
Welcome from Middle Ga!
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 06:11:18 AM »
Welcome from South/Central Ga.

Starlady

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 09:40:42 AM »
Welcome from a Navy widow.  Thanks for your service, we spent 20 yrs in N. Florida.   I must say I don't miss the heat and I love that we actually have 4 seasons in North Georgia.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Abigayle

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 11:21:32 AM »
Welcome Newbie, I fully understand your feelings about your current location.  Perhaps you could watch for a place just outside the current area, where there are no covenants.  This would allow you to have some raised beds, fruits and a small chicken area....just a mini farm, for you to enjoy.  Having family nearby as a widow, is really nice.  I am not a widow, but as I age, I value having a few family members here.  Being in Florida, you may find a spot that already has some fruit trees growing there.  Best of luck and welcome from N.W. Georgia. P.S., you can still prep, no matter where you are, and it will help you to feel in control of your situation

florida44

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2021, 07:46:03 PM »
Welcome from North GA but Florida is where we are from and plan to move back.
Region 2
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal