Author Topic: Dry Bean Resource  (Read 5426 times)

Surveyor1

Dry Bean Resource
« on: October 10, 2021, 04:20:48 PM »
Just a reminder that Target is a pretty good option for dry beans.  Their prices are still some of the best I’ve been able to find and they have a very good variety.  They do limit you to 10 packages of 1 type per order so be prepared to order different types in order to get to $35.00 so you can get free shipping.  The way things are going these prices may not last much longer!

*Note - if looking for pinto beans they have 2 lb bags at $.90 per pound.  Best price per pound that I’ve found online with free shipping!*

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=dry+beans&Nao=0
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Surveyor1

Re: Dry Bean Resource
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 04:05:54 PM »
Inflation is really bad.  I purchased a lot of these different dry beans last year at $.99 and free shipping.  Now most are $1.59!!!  Although you can still get the 2lb bag of pintos for $1.79!
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Abigayle

Re: Dry Bean Resource
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 05:13:15 PM »
If you are cooking your older beans, throw a tsp. of baking soda in the water when you cook them.  I have done the same thing when cooking with broth.  This takes some of the toughness out and they don't have to cook quite as long.
I know there are a lot of people that read these posts and have great ideas.  I would rather be reading than posting, honestly...we need more comments on here, to be successful...please jump in.
Also, there is no stupid question... ask away...If you feel some information on here is outdated and there are betters ways to do something.....say so...we are not thin skinned.  I love to learn and have learned from many of you....Please keep it coming.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal