Author Topic: Startup of monthly meets in 2022 for Region 6-SEPN  (Read 1410 times)

VoodooMD

Startup of monthly meets in 2022 for Region 6-SEPN
« on: November 28, 2021, 01:49:28 AM »
Hello SEPN Georgia Region 6 members--and ALL Georgia SEPN members!
 My name is Rhett (VooDooMD) and I wanted to let everyone know that starting in January 2022, we will be starting monthly “face to face” meetings back up again!! The first meeting will take place on January 22nd from 9:00 am-11:00 am. (At 8:30, I’ll open up the room, put the coffee on so all will be ready to roll @ 09:00. Bring your mugs, notepads, pencils,--and like-minded family members and friends!). The meeting location is the board room /class room area of NAMI-Central Georgia, 209 Elberta Rd. Warner Robins, Ga. 31093.
The presentation topic for the January 2022 meeting will be issues concerning developing and maintaining “Mutual Assistance Groups” / MAGS – so be on the lookout for more information concerning  this topic and other Region 6 information in the forum section of the SEPN website sometime in December 2021.
Looking forward to getting started back again and seeing everyone again--and hope that you all are as well!!
Take care –and STAY READY!!
VooDooMD
"It is easier to prepare and prevent, than to repair and repent."

bountyhunter

Re: Startup of monthly meets in 2022 for Region 6-SEPN
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 07:04:10 AM »
Is this open to other regions as well? I am in R4 but I border R8 and spend as much time at my camp in 8 as I do at my home in 4.
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

cope

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 10:51:11 AM »
Yes any and all are welcome

VoodooMD

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 01:55:30 PM »
Yes Bountyhunter!!--ALL Georgia Region members will be welcome to participate in any and all of the Region 6 functions!  :)  Looking forward to meeting you at the January meeting!
"It is easier to prepare and prevent, than to repair and repent."

bountyhunter

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2021, 04:37:34 PM »
Glad to hear that!.......I would rather drive to Warner Robins/Macon areas. Closer! I will put this on my calendar and make the drive.
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)

BennyMG1

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2022, 05:13:21 AM »
Are we still on for the 22nd?
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Searchboss

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 01:24:40 PM »
I received a message from VoodooMD last week stating that he is having computer problems and is not able to access the SEPN forum. In that message, he also stated that the management of the facility providing the meeting room has decided not to allow public meetings at their facility for the time being due to the widespread Covid19 situation. He said he was looking for another location for the meeting but had not found one. I will send him a message and ask for clarification and an update. If anyone knows of an available meeting location in the Middle GA area please post it here so we can make this meeting happen.

bountyhunter

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 02:57:22 PM »
Find something like a Golden Corral or an Ole Times Country Buffet. I have held several meetings at both places. They do have seperate rooms.
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)

Searchboss

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2022, 11:25:11 AM »
bountyhunter, VooDooMD took your suggestion to heart. While not as good as a private meeting room, at least we get the opportunity to get together and socialize. Below is the time and place of the meeting:

From VooDooMD:
Please let everyone on the forum know that we will meet on Saturday, January 22, 2022 at Old Times Country Buffet at 2922 Watson Boulevard in Centerville. We will meet in the back area of the restaurant off to the far right end toward the restrooms at 1100. Everyone is welcome! I (VooDooMD) will be there at 10:30 to get things set up if you want to arrive earlier.

bountyhunter

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2022, 07:54:26 PM »
I dont see any issues with me being able to be there. I will see yall then.
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)

BennyMG1

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2022, 06:06:27 AM »
I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to make a showing.

bountyhunter

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2022, 06:45:53 PM »
Saturday still a go?
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)

BennyMG1

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2022, 04:47:09 AM »
I was reminded last night of a previous commitment Saturday morning that I won’t be out of until 1100. That wouldn’t put me getting there till 1140 so I’ll have to catch the February meeting. I’m not technically in Region 6 anymore, but right on the edge and was in 6 for years. I was really looking forward to this. I’ll definitely be at February meeting.

bountyhunter

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2022, 06:27:35 PM »
Since no one has replied as to this meet is still a go...I am gonna make the drive about 60+ miles for me. I hope it isnt for naught...otherwise I will see everyone tomorrow
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2022, 07:30:58 PM »
Be careful driving in the morning as the roads might be a little icy !

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal