Author Topic: Any Good Shade Tree Mechanic’s?  (Read 869 times)

Surveyor1

Any Good Shade Tree Mechanic’s?
« on: December 19, 2021, 09:37:22 AM »
I’m looking for someone that has a pretty good mechanical background with older vehicles with a little time on their hands?  I have a 71 Ford F100 that is a “project” but I simply don’t have the experience to complete and finding help locally has proven to be difficult.  Motor is fine it’s just other areas such as rewiring and interior work.  Also looking to get prepped to paint.  Growing up I knew many people that fixed up old cars or rebuilt muscle cars but it seems that is becoming a lost art.  Where did all of the “gear heads” go???😳🤔😳
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

HogJowlHomestead

Re: Any Good Shade Tree Mechanic’s?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 03:17:34 PM »
Sorry my friend time is short with all of us shade tree mechanics, with car prices up everyone is trying to save there rides.

finding someone to paint a truck outside of insurance work is an impossible endeavor, wait averages 12-18 months. But most just say no.

I was just approached with a f100 - crown vic front end And engine swap and had to say no. Just don't have the time and maybe because turning a truck into a car is just the biggest put- off 😆.

Id youtube university the wiring, as of late my voltmeter has been more useful then my scanner trouble shooting and there only a few bucks at harbor freight.

Psalms 127:3-5

Surveyor1

Re: Any Good Shade Tree Mechanic’s?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 11:11:04 PM »
Thanks HJH for the very honest assessment!!!
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal