Author Topic: More price increases...?  (Read 821 times)

RevJammer

More price increases...?
« on: January 22, 2022, 05:59:14 PM »
Just watched a youtube video from Canadian Prepper where Berkey Water Systems announced a price increase from 10% to 30% effective Feb 21, 2022.

Don't have one... wonder if I should bite the bullet...

RJ

coastiemike

Re: More price increases...?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 09:22:34 PM »
We’ve got an Alexapure Pro.  It will likely be going up in price around the same time.  After watching his video early this morning, I picked up four additional filters for it today which bumps up our water cleansing by 20,000 more gallons.  Highly recommend having any of the larger water purifiers.

Abigayle

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 10:56:07 AM »
Rev Jammer, Berkey had a 2.5 gal. on sale a week ago.  It is a new system and takes out arsenic and more heavy metals.  It came with two filters.  The sale was on their website.
Using a tarp, with two ends tied to a tree, you can collect over two gallons of water, from just 1/10th inch of rain.  This is using a small piece of tarp, not some tent!  1/2 inch, if memory serves, it can be 55 gallons.  You can use the emergency sleeping bags, that are kept in cars (dirt cheap).
Drinking water needs to be number one on everyone's list.  This method will also allow, what I like to refer to as "horse baths".  Just thinking about it makes me want to go take a long, hot shower...

nj_m715

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 05:36:16 PM »
the army had a different name for taking a bath from a canteen
it sounded a bit like horse but it was a different word

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal