Author Topic: Georgia Carry, I’m confused  (Read 2830 times)

BennyMG1

Georgia Carry, I’m confused
« on: March 01, 2022, 05:38:52 AM »
I figured Kemp might pull out the constitutional carry card as we near election time. Saw on the news the the Georgia senate passed a bill that would allow citizens in Georgia to carry without a permit. I also received an email from gacarry.org that said the bill wasn’t a true constitutional carry bill. Can someone help me understand?
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

elandil

Re: Georgia Carry, I’m confused
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 11:00:02 PM »
Just curious...are you sure the email was from GCO/GA2A?

I've went thru the emails and don't see anything about what you list.
http://www.georgiacarry.org Member and Recruiter

Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

KM4CUY

R-1

BennyMG1

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 05:04:39 AM »
I started thinking about that after I deleted the email. I dug it out of the trash bin and sure enough it was “gacarry.org” and not “georgiacarry.org”. Glad I didn’t go sign whatever the heck it was they were wanting me to sign.

I got another message (this time a text) from The National Association for Gun Rights saying basically the same thing. I checked them out. They are a legitimate group with non- profit status. Now I’m concerned again.

Abigayle

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 08:51:10 AM »
In a different time, I was all for permits to carry to filter the nuts.
Now, all I can think is that I don't want to sign, or join squat....Gray is better.  Be careful of paper trails of any nature.
You will still leave some, but less is better, if they start at the top and work their way down.
Ariel

engineer3d

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 09:18:24 AM »
In a different time, I was all for permits to carry to filter the nuts. 

The problem is that it's not filtering out the nuts or career criminals. The perps & nuts are still armed. They buy illegal weapons on the black market & use them to kill & commit crimes.
Most of the stories I read about murders & crimes downtown are committed w/ illegal / stolen weapons.
Laws don't stop perps. Laws just stop citizens who try to follow the laws.

Abigayle

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 03:18:14 PM »
Engineer, you are spot on.  It did give a "cooling off period".  We were first permitted when we lived in Iowa.  We had to watch a few videos, take a written test and then....we actually had to fire a gun and hit a target.  I don't remember how many yards away it was, but afterwards the instructor handed me his wife's pistol.  It was well sighted and a lovely piece.  His wife was a judge.  I understand why she had several handguns.
A permit would help stop those with a history of mental illness. I guess we will see what the new law leads to, in terms of crime.  It won't reduce it much, for the reasons you mentioned.  Just don't want Biden to come after guns and people (not in that order)....That would be a mess.

BennyMG1

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2022, 05:26:38 PM »
IMHO. The bad guys are gonna get their guns no matter what.

engineer3d

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2022, 09:30:22 PM »
IMHO. The bad guys are gonna get their guns no matter what.

Unless they are in jail where they belong. End the sanctuary cities, sanctuary states, sanctuary anything. We don't need new laws. We just need to enforce the ones we already have & put the perps in the slammer.
Too many places are soft on crime, so they have more crime. When the pendulum swings back & laws are enforced like they are in our small towns & rural areas, crime will cease.

engineer3d

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2022, 10:01:38 PM »
Republican challenger Katie Arrington leads Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC) in the polls, garnering a majority percentage when respondents were informed of former President Donald Trump endorsing the challenger.
Arrington, running as a pro-Trump conservative, launched her campaign last month in South Carolina’s first congressional district against establishment Republican Mace in a major proxy battle for the party’s future in South Carolina’s low country.
“The current congresswoman turned her back on the low country. She turned her back on President Trump, and she has not done what we asked her to go up there and do,” Arrington added, slamming Mace. “She’s more about branding herself and becoming a media personality than actually representing the priorities of the district, so we’re going at it to represent the priorities.”
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/03/07/poll-katie-arrington-leads-nancy-mace-when-informed-of-trump-endorsement/

Before DJT's endorsement, incumbent Mace had 50% of the vote & Arrington only had 35% w/ the rest undecided.
AFTER DJT's endorsement, Arrington had 51% & incumbent Mace dropped to 33% of the vote w/ the rest undecided. From 35% to 51% b/c of DJT.
The pendulum is swinging back & picking up speed. Producer class Americans are rebelling against Biden & his buddies (should I call them the illuminati???) agenda to destroy our economy & our country. Unless they can steal the election, the democrats are finished.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2022, 06:08:22 AM »
Engineer3D - There will not be another election!  The Government will call it off, pospone, ect.  They can not afford another election !!

Surveyor1

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2022, 11:18:30 PM »
Yes I’m now confused???  People can conceal carry but have to pass a background check?  Personally I have no problem with a background check because in all honesty there are some insane crazy MF’s out there that need to be kept in check!  (If you don’t believe me just check the local news)…. I’m just wondering how this will work!? 

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/georgia-permit-gun-conceal/2022/03/12/id/1060899/
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Abigayle

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2022, 02:46:18 PM »
We gave them our information on line, along with pictures of our drivers pics.
 It may have been easier for us, since we had one in another area of GA., one in MO. and one in IA., so, a history.
If I were to carry a gun, I would want to conceal carry, until I was ready to act.  When you open carry, you have to watch everyone around you and be even more aware of your surrounding than at other times.  This is what my friend tells me, who carries.  Brandon doesn't have to worry about me.  I am just a harmless old woman..... I do have an interesting knitting basket....
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 03:17:12 PM by Abigayle »
Ariel

Surveyor1

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2022, 02:56:29 PM »
We gave them our information on like, along with pictures of our drivers pics.
 It may have been easier for us, since we had one in another area of GA., one in MO. and one in IA., so, a history.
If I were to carry a gun, I would want to conceal carry, until I was ready to act.  When you open carry, you have to watch everyone around you and be even more aware of your surrounding than at other times.  This is what my friend tells me, who carries.  Brandon doesn't have to worry about me.  I am just a harmless old woman..... I do have an interesting knitting basket....

Thank You Lion Of God!!!
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

tlwagg

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2022, 09:28:38 PM »
GA constitutional carry passed the senate and is going to the Kemp for his signature. 
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

aces

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2022, 01:16:39 AM »
Signed by Gov. Kemp on Tues., April 12th at a gun store!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal