Author Topic: I'm such a Luddite! A year without a computer.  (Read 819 times)

Lilburner

I'm such a Luddite! A year without a computer.
« on: March 16, 2022, 05:42:43 PM »
OK - not completely a Luddite. All the smart TVs and wifi and barn wifi and home automation and so many phones and tablets I have a little plastic basket to keep up with them in the truck...

But not a computer computer.

Sat down at Lilburn today and the last e-mail was dated 04-01-2021. That would have been when I disconnected the internet. Took six hours for all the Windows updates and email to catch up to make it usable when I hooked up my hotspot! I have a laptop at home in NEGA, but the power supply seems to have become a casualty of musical houses.

The only two things I haven't been able to do is print and fix the SEPN upcoming events header. I go to the library to print the occasional document, but need to code the header with on my own software.

And now the header's fixed. ("Finally", they groan with side-eyed disdain)

Shouldn't be a problem from here on out. Except I'll be homeless for a few weeks hopefully sooner rather than later, but I'll have to have the laptop running by then anyway.

Yay!
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

Ravenwood1950

Re: I'm such a Luddite! A year without a computer.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 09:39:51 PM »
Sure have been concerned about not seeing you here at the forum. Glad to know it was just an internet connection issue. But do text me occasionally so I know you are okay. 🙂
Ravenwood

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal