Author Topic: What's best YouTube prepper channels  (Read 974 times)

tlwagg

What's best YouTube prepper channels
« on: March 30, 2022, 09:48:15 PM »
I was talking to someone earlier looking for some good YouTube prepper channels. So what's your favorite channels? I've started with these:
Canadian prepper
David Canterbury
DIY Solar Power with Will Prowse
DrBones NurseAmy
Engineer775
HOBOTECH
Iridium242
LDSPrepper  look at his older videos
PreparedAirman
PrepMedic
PrepperNet
SkinnyMedic
southernprepper1
Survival Common Sense
ThePatriotNurse
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: What's best YouTube prepper channels
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 06:25:53 AM »
This is the Prepper video I have watched recently.  I sent it to my builder in region 2 and he is going to install it for me.  He said the concrete was poured and he would be framing next week.  I told him I had a couple of scaffolds on wheels that would work wonders for putting up the ceiling joists.  He said Wednesday would be a good day to bring them up.  He also wants to discuss the under ground cistern install to make sure we are  on the same page.    The cistern and under ground propane tank will go in at the same time.  Out of site, out of mind.  Maybe by Summer I will have a functional BOL Campout site.

https://practicalpreppers.com/how-to-develop-a-spring-with-a-spring-box/

Abigayle

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 05:12:11 PM »
Great idea for discussion.  I like Gaye Levy.  She and her husband prepped for real.  I got good advice on things like a camp cooker, to can outside in cold weather.  She talks about everything from arming herself, to appropriate clothing, should you need to get home.  I think beginners and intermediates alike will like her canning ideas.  On one video, she tells how to make your own brisket.
I also like the Organic Prepper.
All the Prepper sites for seniors are pretty much just common sense stuff and I don't feel that I have learned a thing from any of them.  If one of you knows of an exception, I would love to view it.
Modern Survival Blog, is not a video, but a good site with good input, in my opinion.
Ariel

8greenbeans

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2022, 11:06:18 AM »
I have found that quite a few homestead channels are preppers and focus on the self-sufficiency issues that many of us face on top of showing what life on a homestead is. I like following the prepper channels but they aren't quite enough for me so I'll throw in a couple that I enjoy.

Self-Sufficient Me
Living Traditions Homestead
Homesteading Family
Rain Country
IceAgeFarmer
Adapt2030

and additionally, The Grow Network, with Marjory Wildcraft.

USMC Veteran
LEO & USAF Vet Mama
Navy MIL
Army Daughter
8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
9 GrandBeans + 1 on the way
4 Beans-in-law + 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

Abigayle

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2022, 11:25:54 AM »
8 green beans, missed you!  Living Traditions homestead is one that Thor and I have watched for a long time.  The couple is so real and we enjoy their failures, along with their successes.  We look at each other, smile and nod "yep".  Like when she hatched out geese and of course, they imprinted on her.  She could not get her "guard geese "off their front porch.  More precise.  right in front of the door.  What a mess!  I don't know where they get their energy.  They have come a long way.  We lived very close to where they are now in 2000.  They never bicker about methods and she always looks at him like she could just eat him up.... of course they are filming.. looks real.
Tlwagg, Thor thinks Will Prouse is a genius. Love Wildcraft and made her "brew" in the start of Covid.

Wilbil

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2022, 06:59:53 PM »
I enjoy "David the Good" and "Roots and Refuge Farm".  Neither exactly prepper focused, but both are lovely. 

RevJammer

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2022, 11:57:20 PM »
My current favorite is "On Three".  https://www.youtube.com/c/ONThree

His videos are common sense and most of them are shorter... (but not "shorts" I hate those), which is good because I struggle with hour long youtube videos...  he's also in our neck of the woods... Blue Ridge I believe.

RJ

Abigayle

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2022, 07:54:20 PM »
It has just been bought to my attention, that a member was unable to find Gaye Levy on U-Tube.  I did find her using Back Door Survival.  Much of what I gained from her was back in time  so maybe some is buried.  Back Door Survival may be search, and I plan to try to revisit her site.  It is well worth viewing, like all sites, some are better then others, in terms of personal value.

Hershey

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2022, 08:43:40 PM »
Pinball Preparedness
Off the Wall Prepper
Alaska Prepper
Appalachia's Homestead with Patera
Storm of Truth Preparedness
Deep South Homestead
Linda's Prepper Kitchen
Preppernurse1
Zombie Prepper