Author Topic: Turkey Corn Chowder (Food Storage)  (Read 878 times)

aces

Turkey Corn Chowder (Food Storage)
« on: April 22, 2022, 09:49:44 PM »
Have dinner on the table in 20 minutes with this chowder. It’s also a good one to prepare when energy supplies are limited during a disaster. You can substitute 1-1/2 to 2 cups of leftover turkey or a pint of home canned turkey for the 3 5-ounce cans.

TURKEY CORN CHOWDER (Pantry Cooking: Unlocking Your Pantry’s Potential, page 86)

1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup
1 can (15 ounces) cream style corn
3 cans (5 ounces each) turkey, drained and diced
1-1/2 cups milk
2 tablespoons dried onion
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
Fresh ground pepper, to taste

In a large saucepan, combine ingredients until well blended. Cook over medium heat just to boiling. Serves 4.

Pantrycookingplus.com
Copyrighted by Cheryl Driggs

Abigayle

Re: Turkey Corn Chowder (Food Storage)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2022, 11:18:23 AM »
Sounds good...Yesterday I opens a #10 can of Augaston Farm's corn chowder soup mix.  What is unique about this long term storage product, is the five separate packages inside.  Each makes a quart.  It really does!  After making the recipe which is pretty o.k, for what it is, I threw in a pint jar of creamed corn, added parsley, chives and a touch of cilantro from my herb garden.  Next, I chopped up a small slice of ham from Easter and threw it in.  My family loved it and so did I.  There are still four packs in the can, with the plastic lid in place.  They will still keep a very long time.  Thinking of all the ways I could modify this soup, with food storage and garden items (broccoli, carrots, squash...the list is endless) I jumped on line to get another can.  The price with from $20- to $30.00, in a month...one third price hike.  I will be watching for sales!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal