Author Topic: A Message From Nana- Regarding near record heat....  (Read 457 times)

Abigayle

A Message From Nana- Regarding near record heat....
« on: May 18, 2022, 11:17:08 AM »
I know you hear from me a lot.  When I take a break, I write, and you are stuck looking at it (maybe, maybe not).
My thought for the day, with near record or record heat this week, now is the time to pull out any methods you possess to cook outdoors.  I am not referring to expensive propane on your patio or deck.  If you have a solar over, use it.  If you have a rocket stove, set it up in the shade and use it.  You former girl scouts and Boy Scouts out there may want to practice building a wood fire.  What type of grate do you have to use for your fire?  cookware for your fire??? Where will you safely set it  up?
Doing these things this week will sharpen or develop your skills and keep heat out of the house.  With current prices, this is a win win.  Sure, there are other things to do, there always are.  You may be hot, but you won't be honing your skills under extreme pressure.  So, now is the time and  I will practice what I am preaching this week....

Wilbil

Re: A Message From Nana- Regarding near record heat....
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 03:53:49 PM »
Never ever have there been too many helpful thoughts from Abigayle!

tlwagg

Re: A Message From Nana- Regarding near record heat....
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2022, 08:54:19 PM »
I'm getting ready to pull out the solar stove for the summer. It cooks great and won't heat up the kitchen. 
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal