Author Topic: Rosemary  (Read 742 times)

tlwagg

Rosemary
« on: June 04, 2022, 07:58:50 AM »
We just pruned my rosemary and I'm dehydrating it. I have more than I'll ever use is anyone interested in some? I could bring it to the summer meet up. I need to get a feel for how much I need to dry.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Abigayle

Re: Rosemary
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 06:00:44 PM »
TLwagg, If you still have that Rosemary bush, buy some 80-100 proof vodka and make a tincture. If you go on line you can look up the benefits and it keeps for an extremely long time.  So tinctures require using several herbs.  Rosemary can stand alone or be used with others.
Thought you might like a way to use it.  I know this was an old post, but Rosemary bushes usually live on awhile.
Ariel

tlwagg

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 01:30:29 PM »
Thanks for the idea. I lost my biggest bush in the freeze but I still have a small one left.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Abigayle

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2023, 03:56:34 PM »
A small one should do you.  Just need the alcohol.
I found some sweet gum on our property, so I will tincture that next.  Have fun!, it gets tedious.
Ariel

Abigayle

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2023, 11:24:19 AM »
Twagg, 3/4 jar of rosemary (just strip it off the stems going backwards) in a quart jar, filled 3./4 full and covered with 80-100 proof cheap vodka, or any vodka.  I just saw this old post and realized I did not tell you how much you would need.  You could do as little as a half quart.  I know a couple people who have told me it helped their memory (I wondered if that was a hint).  It is also good for hair growth.
Surveyor1, I could not find your yeast starting post just now.  Did it mention not using any stainless steel (bowl, spoon?).  Also, unsweetened pineapple juice works well for your first application.  If people are trying this for the first time, summer is ideal, as you can keep it warm easier.  If you are gathering wild yeast, summer is not good, it turns out bitter instead of sour.
Both yeast and pectin builders (use apple peels) are good skills to work on right now.  Excuse me, I have to have a serious conversation with some crows that are about to become very ill....lead poisoning....
Ariel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal