Author Topic: Are People Lazy or Just Stupid?  (Read 2005 times)

Surveyor1

Are People Lazy or Just Stupid?
« on: August 13, 2022, 02:26:53 PM »
I saw a commercial for this while watching the Braves game and had to look it up🤦‍♂️…. Basically you buy the “smart” oven from them.  You sign up for a meal plan based on how many you want per week.  You pick your meals and they send to you with a card that is scanned by the oven in order to cook your single serve meal.  If you order 6 or more meals per week you get free shipping 😎 but the cost of your single serve meal is $11.99🙄🤔😂….

Meanwhile in Surveyorville the Mrs and I had chicken leg quarters, navy beans and French style green beans for a total cost of $2.90 or $1.45 per meal with leftover navy beans and green beans.😎. I’ve come to the conclusion then that some people are just lazy and stupid!  Their life is going to really suck for them during those 3 weeks that they survive the apocalypse…🤔 (actually our meal was $2.50 or $1.25 per person, our leg quarters were $.69lb and not the $.89 I thought😳)

https://www.tovala.com/
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 03:01:53 PM by Surveyor1 »
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

nj_m715

Re: Are People Lazy or Just Stupid?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 03:29:59 PM »
thats way less than my wife costs

I'll take one

Surveyor1

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 03:46:43 PM »
thats way less than my wife costs

I'll take one

Leave it to NJ to actually put this in perspective, kudos!🤔😂😎
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

BennyMG1

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 06:29:52 AM »
Very few young people are taught basic life skills. They can’t change a tire (from what I understand, many cars don’t even have spares anymore.), they can’t boil water and don’t even know how to write a letter. Technology has made them lazy, complacent, and uneducated to basics of living. They will either learn fast or perish in SHTF. Sadly, from my observations, they aren’t very adaptable.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

stvr

• Global Chairman & Region 5 Leader
  • Global Moderator
  • Bugged Out
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2022, 12:01:06 PM »
This pretty much tells the story.
stvr
USMC Retired - NRA Endowment Member

"There is no better friend... and no worse enemy than a United States Marine."

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2022, 03:42:20 PM »
Even my self rising flour has a warning label not to eat raw flour. What has this world come to? 😢
Ravenwood

crplhood

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2022, 01:41:32 PM »
Generations are not smarter or dumber than eachother. People have knowledge relevant to the world they live in.
Hi, millennial here. My car has a spare, I can change it, so can my lady... and my sons and daughter.
And I'm an engineer who sits on my ass all day. And I'm a wat veteran... and I grow much of my family's food. And not only do I have plenty of smart devices, I also split all my wood with an ax.
You're judging people for the hell of it. Do you just need someone to pick on? Maybe they can afford it. Maybe they don't care about any implications of a smart anything.

nj_m715

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2022, 03:07:17 PM »
its just a meme in a light hearted, poke some fun thread

Surveyor1

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2022, 04:13:49 PM »
its just a meme in a light hearted, poke some fun thread

I agree NJ! 

Kinda like the actual tag I saw in my granddaughters clothing and I kid you not, “Remove child before washing.” 

Yes I am an asshole and yes when people do stupid stuff I laugh at their sheer stupidity Just like I expect them to laugh at me!  Not judging anyone Mr Hood nor am I picking on them, just observing the obvious.  One of the best comedians of my generation was the late George Carlin.  He made millions of dollars and made millions of people laugh by simply stating the obvious about peoples stupidity.  Yes many people make fun of millennials and Gen Zers because many of them are really good at exposing their stupidity because of social media.  The social media platforms have fueled idiocy to levels never seen before and has also caused many millennials and Gen Z to die because of “this challenge” or “that challenge”…. The fame and/or approval that many of these 2 generations seek from social media is at epidemic proportions spreading idiocy in its wake.  No one group deserves to be painted with a broad brush but I’m not the one that started labeling everyone either.  They created the labels and will be forever tied to whatever group they are in when members of that group do really stupid things…

crplhood

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2022, 04:36:56 PM »
No, it isnt. I've been here since 2010. I can tell when prepper are having a smug laugh.

nj_m715

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2022, 04:45:11 PM »
then all the ladies should be mad that I joked how much money my wife spends?

I wouldn't know how old you were if you didn't volunteer it

should we post trigger warning on memes ?

Surveyor1

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2022, 05:01:59 PM »
I really like the idea of trigger warnings.  I’ll work on that in some of my upcoming post.  Maybe we could get Lilburner to create a topic area that is called “Trigger Warning Area” so we could post pretty much anything there that people would not be allowed to get triggered?  Hell, personally I would suggest we call it Utopia😎!

Surveyor1

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2022, 12:10:34 AM »
No, it isnt. I've been here since 2010. I can tell when prepper are having a smug laugh.

If you’ve been here since 2010 then you should have enough sense to know when people are poking fun at other groups!  If you cannot grasp that concept then you are either challenged or just plain stupid!   I was asked by a long time and respected member of this forum not to respond to your senseless rhetoric and I sincerely tried in order to appease my friend.  That lasted about a week because sometimes you just have to call out stupid when stupid appears!  Mr Hood I have no problem with you, you actually contribute some very good thoughts and insights to the forum but when you go off the rails I and a number of people on this forum will call you out!  It’s actually humorous how many messages I get regarding your post!  So lighten up, get some perspective or get laid or something!  Life is to short to make yourself a pirrahha to people that you are supposed to be “like minded” with!  Trust me when I say this, you may be a prepper but there IS NOT ONE SINGLE MAG ON THIS FORUM THAT WOULD INVITE YOU TO JOIN.   I’m not saying that to be mean but just simply stating the obvious!  Sometimes a loooooong hard look in a mirror can do wonders for someone’s  “perspective “….

I’ve already stated that I’m an asshole so no need to respond with insults!  Do yourself a favor and read my post 5 times before you respond and you might actually understand what I’m telling you and take some of it to heart!  If not, no one can say I didn’t try….

crplhood

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2022, 05:43:57 AM »
I have a support group, thanks, and they include folks here. You do not speak for everyone here.

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2022, 08:29:49 AM »
Gentlemen, the old granny here begs you be kind to one another. This world is full of things causing pain, despair and wounded hearts. This forum is meant to be a safe place where we can look out for each other, grow our self sufficiency skills and give encouragement to newbie’s as well as the folks that have been here well over 10 years.
Remember the Golden Rule.
If anybody disagrees with this, contact an administrator.
Ravenwood the Peacemaker 🥰
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 12:30:38 PM by Ravenwood1950 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal