Author Topic: Fall Campout  (Read 2428 times)

tlwagg

Fall Campout
« on: August 17, 2022, 12:57:24 PM »
Do we have a date for the fall campout yet?
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

BennyMG1

Re: Fall Campout
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 09:01:24 PM »
Looks like second weekend in October. Y’all think you might make it tlwagg?
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Farside

Re: Fall Campout 2022
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 03:44:45 PM »
The 7-9 October 2022  at Cedar Creek WMA, Works for me. Let me know here if you plan on showing up.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 04:50:36 PM »
I have it on my calendar if I am not other wise tied up at my BOL, I plan to be there...

Edit 9-13  The weather has cooled off a bit.  Gettin good camping weather.......
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 02:56:09 PM by RWS »

Searchboss

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2022, 06:57:59 PM »
I plan to be there with my usual crew. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

BennyMG1

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 08:38:44 AM »
The commander and I have it on our calendar
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

nj_m715

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2022, 12:03:56 PM »
I'm planning on it
hopefully more than one night this time

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2022, 12:14:52 PM »
My wife has decided that we are going to an event the first full weekend of October.  So, October 1 & 2 are Saturday and Sunday.  My question is is that a full weekend.  October 7th, 8th and 9th are what I consider a full weekend so I may have a conflict.  I will try to find this event online and verify the dates.
Edit:  Found it, no conflict with the campout.

Indian Summer Festival – October 1 & 2

For a truly fantastic experience, attend the Indian Summer Festival the first weekend in October in Suches, Georgia. Activities include a craft show, 10K run, country square dance, weaponry demonstration, auction, play performed by elementary students, and much more! suches.com/festivalinfo.htm

nj_m715

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2022, 02:50:19 PM »
would any campers be interested in learning to butcher quail ?

I have a few lazy hens who stopped laying so it's time for them to turn into stew

if you want to see a demo or try your hand at it, let me know in the next week or 2
if not, I'll get them in the pot before camp

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2022, 10:06:27 AM »
Looks like I have my schedule worked out so I will have my camper home for campout weekend.  I hope it cools off a little as I have gotten used to the cooler weather of Region 2 at 3000 ft and there is always a breeze.
What should I bring ?? for the auction?  I need to see what would be good for a prepper to have.....I would bring a sampling of my home canned goods but I think that is illegal to sell in Georgia.

Edit 9-24   This morning I woke up to 57 deg F.  What a pleasant surprise!  This is camping weather!!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 11:40:29 AM by RWS »

Farside

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2022, 03:54:11 PM »
I got thinking that some new people would not know where to go.

The Annual Fall Camp out - October 07-09 at Cedar Creek WMA. If you wish to arrive on Thursday the 8th, you'll have plenty of company for the extra day. If you can't can't camp with us, come down for the day. Most planned activities will be concentrated on Saturday.

Cedar Creek is located south of Monticello on GA Hwy 212. Our camp site is across from the Check Station (N 30* 13' 45.1 W 83* 31' 36.1) on Checking Station Road. If Googling, google Cedar Creek Check Station or you might get directions to the range which is a different road off 212.

Specifically, here: https://goo.gl/maps/jKXeHv1JbKm The campground is on the opposite side of the gravel road from the Checking Station on the map, and just a hair BEFORE it. The path into the woods is subtle and some would say hard to see, but accommodates the largest of RVs. If you drive fully up TO the Checking Station, you've gone too far. HOPEFULLY there will be a yellow banner out by Thursday afternoon marking the turn.

Watch this thread for more details. As classes, activities, etc. are added, the details will be added to this main post as well.

Start picking out your auction item donations! The Saturday evening donation auction is a highlight of the event and our only source of income, and everything goes back in to SEPN 100%. It pays for the domain and the website. Last year we were able to subsidize the Christmas party for all attendees, and this year there's even more. specifically...

No camping fee: SEPN is picking up the bill for Port-A-Potties this year. No GORP/WMA pass is required at this site

Lilburner

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2022, 12:06:20 AM »
Looks like another trip without the camper.

Some of y'all may remember at the spring campout, my camper decided to no longer be waterproof during the brief but violent squall. This was on top of what appeared to be some sort of national bias ply tire shortage with my tires on their last legs.

I haven't had time to rectify them, and I'm not going to be able to in a week and a half. So I'll stay the night nearby.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
~ Daniel Webster

tlwagg

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2022, 01:32:17 PM »
As much as we wanted to be at the campout it looks like curse of the campout struck again. Our son just made Journeyman Wireman and the dinner will be? You guessed it October 15th! We were really excited to showoff the new camper but our son comes first, maybe the spring.

Surveyor1

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2022, 03:14:39 PM »
As much as we wanted to be at the campout it looks like curse of the campout struck again. Our son just made Journeyman Wireman and the dinner will be? You guessed it October 15th! We were really excited to showoff the new camper but our son comes first, maybe the spring.

You do realize the camp out is Oct 7-9 correct???
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

tlwagg

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2022, 03:17:43 PM »
I thought it was the next weekend. YES! We'll be there!!!!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal