Author Topic: Diesel Fuel could be gone by Thanksgiving  (Read 2235 times)

Abigayle

Diesel Fuel could be gone by Thanksgiving
« on: October 27, 2022, 09:06:18 PM »
Tucker Carlson discussed it at length tonight. I know it was mentioned on here recently but I could not find the post to just add to it.  Of course, this will bring trucking to a grinding halt.  On a personal note, my granddaughter and her fiancé are returning here from CO. in a diesel and the fuel is extremely high already.
Our transportation secretary (lower case letters)  will handle it...where did he go???  What does he do???

BennyMG1

Re: Diesel Fuel could be gone by Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 04:35:26 AM »
There’s plenty in the strategic reserve. At last count, a whole 17 days worth.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Abigayle

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 09:02:04 AM »
Benny, Don't you think that the show last night will get everyone out the door this morning to wipe out that "huge reserve" we have on hand?  Thor is on the way to fill up a large can right now.  Everyone we have warmed are gearing up.  Since this is world wide, I don't know where they will find anymore.
Anyone reading this that thinks Tucker is off base in this prediction, please post why.  We need lots of opinions.  Bloomberg was the first we could find to bring this to light, as a reliable (somewhat) source.  But it is being more widely discussed. The spokes person for the Whitehouse could not answer the question as to what they were doing about the shortages. He changed the subject to say how much of our natural gas was being given to our allies .  He pretty much said he didn't have an answer.  He did not appear to be the least bit uncomfortable with not having an answer.

nj_m715

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 11:15:35 AM »
Our transportation secretary (lower case letters)  will handle it...where did he go???  What does he do???

they already told you
just buy an electric car

I guess I'm doing ok, I have more than 17 days of diesel in my own SPR

Abigayle

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 12:13:38 PM »
nj  I wonder what they have in mind for electric barges and electric semi's. So even if we don't own a diesel vehicle, this will affect everyone of us.  Just got back with more feed and T posts, along with chicken wire to expand our flock for meat birds, which I can hatch out from here. How about the trucks that deliver our propane?  Then there is food. The stores will empty out in a week, max.  When stock start thinning, people will start grabbing.

BennyMG1

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2022, 12:44:28 PM »
Dang Abs! It honestly didn’t even cross my mind. I only have one tractor and the Polaris that run on diesel and have a little put aside. Gasoline is another problem altogether. Probably have enough to fill up my truck one and a half times and one fillup for The Commander. I’ll need to do some shoring up this weekend.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

nj_m715

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2022, 03:34:59 PM »
nj  I wonder what they have in mind for electric barges and electric semi's. So even if we don't own a diesel vehicle, this will affect everyone of us.  Just got back with more feed and T posts, along with chicken wire to expand our flock for meat birds, which I can hatch out from here. How about the trucks that deliver our propane?  Then there is food. The stores will empty out in a week, max.  When stock start thinning, people will start grabbing.

windmills?

I would get a horse but their farts cause global warming
but then again:
https://www.yahoo.com/now/desperate-europeans-return-world-oldest-050015923.html
"customers are inquiring about burning horse dung"

Abigayle

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2022, 07:57:16 PM »
We had horses for many years.  Was it Reagan that said "the outside of a horse is good for the inside of man"?  That is only true if you end up with the right horse.  Horse traders are a bred of their own and many only have one person's interest at heart.  Some are really good and honest, but you better know how to really go over a horse yourself, before buying one.  I learned many lessons, the hard way, over the years.  Of course you need pasture and or hay.  It would mean storing additional items, including hoof trimmer and the knowledge to use them.  You would have to float teeth....and oh yes, saddle, bridle and ride. I would love to have a horse right now, but I know better... One concern would be if you have a horse involved injury, you might have to treat yourself.  Even a good horse, under the right conditions, could injure you in a heartbeat... So, go have fun... I would be a little jealous.  By the way, I know you were kidding.
Ariel

Abigayle

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2022, 01:09:38 PM »
Hearing second hand information from good sources that two farmers and their friends can not get diesel in their area right now.  They both have two tractors and fill tanks this time of year.  Also fertilizer in an issue so crops will vary, due to price index.
Ariel

John Galt 1

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2022, 07:29:12 PM »
At the terminals in N. GA our tankers load up 9000 gallons at a time with no problems.       Vendor allotments have been holding steady.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

Abigayle

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2022, 07:40:55 PM »
John Galt, The farmers having problems last week, were in the Mid-west.  I don't know if the situation remedied itself.  Any issues in CO.? My granddaughters finance just paid over six a gallon the other day.  He filled some 5 gallon gallon gas (diesel) cans, since they are starting out this way in a few days.  Glad to hear they are still having access to large quantities.
Ariel

Fixit

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2022, 08:45:26 PM »
Those Midwest farmer fuel probably travels by barge in normal times. With the mighty Mississippi low that fuel just isn't getting there as fast.

Abigayle

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2022, 08:59:36 AM »
The got their fuel yesterday, just before nightfall.  The drivers were given the barge excuse, then they were just speculating.  They had also heard rumors of some type of valve being tampered with.  Again, no one knows for sure.
They mentioned shortages on the news this morning, and asked people not to panic buy.  This was for the south.  I am sure that people who need this fuel for their cars to get to work and farmers will put back as much as they can afford and store.  Of course, they mentioned prices going up.  Waiting for this to happen with gas, right after the polls close.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 09:11:58 PM by Abigayle »
Ariel

aces

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2022, 06:57:51 PM »
This is why diesel is expensive while gasoline prices came down - lower refining capacity for diesel is what is hitting that hard.
It typically comes out of the less good Middle Eastern petroleum and not the sweet Texas crude they have kept in the reserve.

If trucks have to stop, the grocery stores are next. Not kidding!

My truck driving brothers and uncle are saying their bosses are wringing their hands over the price of diesel making logistics unprofitable!

Abigayle

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2022, 09:25:11 PM »
 Aces this makes sense.  Not much else does right now, but this does.
Forgive all my typos, I edited and again, I need to read what I write.  By the evening, there is not much left of me.  We are expecting things to get really bad.  In the evening, we discuss how our country can find any way out of this and we feel defeated at the end of our conversation, because we just don't see a way out.  Other countries are going down the same road.  There is no real bailout.  The banks are feeling it.  "It" may come slowly in the night, or we may feel like the frog put in water and brought to a slow boil.
I love to laugh, to kid, to enjoy life.  There are not that many years left of it for us.  All we can do now is set an example for our younger generation and hope some of it sticks, so we leave them with a defense mechanism that is of value and not just defensive.  Hope this makes sense.  By eleven today, I  did some food storage, cleaned the chicken house, trimmed up and water the greenhouse, worked on eight raised beds, got the grandkids room ready, made bread....I know I am forgetting something..  I am not bragging, just explaining why sometimes my writing is a little off.  It's 9:20 p.m. and I can hardly keep my eyes open.  In the afternoon, I shopped for two extra people and worked on my list trying to see how long we could last if this thing goes one and one.  I ordered more seed and more of that stuff Biden doesn't want us to have.  We see how far Paulie got with a hammer.  Ain't gonna happen here. So, Halloween is over, but the spookie people are still out there, waiting to pounce.  Sleep well my dearies...
Ariel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal