Author Topic: Thanksgiving 2022!  (Read 434 times)

Abigayle

Thanksgiving 2022!
« on: November 24, 2022, 08:09:58 AM »
On this day, we plan to be grateful for all we have, and it is plentiful.
We will have a table covered with food, much of which was raised on our land. I will be cooking my 52nd Thanksgiving turkey.  Thor and I will reminisce as we chop, peel and cook.  My 25 year old granddaughter will cooking at my side. It will be time for her to take the reins on this special day soon.
I am so thankful for the roof over our heads, light, heat, friendship and the health we pray for on a daily basis, at our age.
Then there is you....my prepper family.  You have befriended me in times of isolation, given me advice on many topics and often provided other view points that I would never have come to realize on my own.  You are my extended family in many ways, as you always have my back.  I hope you feel that I have yours as well.
I hope time provides me with more opportunities to meet in person, those of you I only know in writing.  God Bless you and yours!  We promised each other in our household to just enjoy the moment, experience love and laughter around the table, and just give thanks....  HAPPY THANKSGIVING, dear friends.  Abigayle

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: Thanksgiving 2022!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 09:37:03 AM »
My whole family is here for a big ThanksGiving Turkey dinner.  My youngest son and his family arrived Tuesday afternoon.  Yesterday the grandaughter just had to drive the tractor so we tilled a garden in prep for Spring planting.  Today she just had to ride the tractor, so we rode around and around the yard and field.  She did good today.  Yesterday she did not have the feel of it in that when you turn, you have to turn back to straighten it back up.  After about a half hour, she was done, but wanted to drive the lawn mower.  It is a zero turn mower so she had to learn a different system.  Hey, if they want to learn then I will help.  Some day she may have to help plow & plant to feed the family.

bountyhunter

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 10:14:08 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone .....I can't count the number of holidays and birthdays I spent overseas or deployed.
I might not have everything I need ow want but I am thankful for everything I have!
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 10:25:27 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here! My day will be quite as my son has to work the evening shift at the Hospital tonight but as far as I am concerned every day here is Thanksgiving Day! I am so blessed to have such a high standard of living...running clean water and especially hot water; a roof over my head and food to eat. Would that the whole world could work together for the good of all but sadly war, hunger and grief still happens. God Bless you all.
Ravenwood

tlwagg

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2022, 10:33:57 AM »
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Sorry for being late but I was busy yesterday.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal