Author Topic: To guests a those new to the forum  (Read 449 times)

BennyMG1

To guests a those new to the forum
« on: December 19, 2022, 07:06:50 AM »
I’d like to give a shout-out to the new people on the forum and our guests. You’ve come here for a reason and more than likely it is because you see the downhill slide happening in our country. You are feeling like you need prepare for hard times ahead. But sometimes that can seem like a daunting task. I would like to encourage you to speak up and introduce yourself and feel free to ask questions. There are many of us here that have many years of experience in this and are very willing to share our knowledge. This forum was set up to share information and experiences and I feel like that is still our primary mission.

So get involved if you feel inclined.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Abigayle

Re: To guests a those new to the forum
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 08:44:32 AM »
I would like to add to Benny's post by encouraging you to look back over the forum for previous posts that might be helpful to you.  While some information  is fluid, some sound advice never changes.
One good site to be sure and not miss is the weekly food storage suggestions, if you are new to prepping.  Just keep in mind, if you don't eat it, because you don't like it, don't buy it.  There are many alternatives.   Check every item you buy and mark dates with big markers.  Study long term storage.  Look luck to you.  Even though you may be late to the game, anything you do from this moment forward, will keep you that much safer.  Read up on things that store well without having to buy expensive #10 lb cans, for example, brown sugar, wheat berries and honey.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal