Author Topic: Baby It’s Cold Outside  (Read 467 times)

BennyMG1

Baby It’s Cold Outside
« on: December 24, 2022, 04:02:39 AM »
Woke up a bit early today and checked the temperature outside. We are sitting at 14 degrees here in our little corner of the world. It’s been years since we’ve been that low. I’m thinking I’ll be avoiding any outside work this morning. Luckily I’ve got plenty of gifts to wrap.

What are y’all doing to stay warm today?
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: Baby It’s Cold Outside
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 06:15:11 AM »
I have already had enough of this Global Warming !

BennyMG1

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 07:48:36 AM »
In spite of the warming lamps in the coup, over half the ducks just dropped their morning gifts to me out in the yard. The few eggs in the coup were okay, but every one randomly dropped froze and cracked. I only got three good eggs this morning and tossed five due to cracking. Not a single duck slept in the coup last night. They were all fine this morning. The cold hardiness of ducks is a big advantage over chickens.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

HogJowlHomestead

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2022, 11:06:34 AM »
We were at 6 degrees this morning, hvac and fire going all night still left the house at 54 degrees this morning. Yikes talk about having a hole in your preps. Time to add more insulation to the attic. I designed my wood stove but haven’t built it yet, that is now top priority. Thank fully we weren’t chosen for the rolling blackouts in our area. Around 3” of ice in cow water. Broke an egg in my pocket, at least it was a slushy and cleaned right up. Funny about your ducks, iv always found them to be rascals compared to chickens. To stay warm we are going to visit family.
Psalms 127:3-5

Abigayle

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2022, 11:20:04 AM »
Benny, we raised our ducks to respond to "All ducks go to bed", as we herded them in when they were little.  When they grew up, they would line up at the coop at dusk to be let in.  They laid eggs in the morning, then were let out for the day.  It was easier to keep the bedding clean....well...cleaner.  You are right about their being hardy.  The first year, I worried about their feet...no need...

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2022, 08:12:03 AM »
Enough is enough !  I have had enough of this global warming.  When you remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, A. Green vegetables & trees, ect do not grow as well.  B.  The atmosphere cools off.  I agree with this about 1%.  What I agree with 99% is God controls the Universe which includes the Sun.  Cool off the Sun a bit and the Earth freezes.  So who actually controls the climate??

Baby it's cold out there!

Abigayle

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2022, 12:12:53 PM »
We did remember to empty our rain barrels, but now they are empty until Saturday.  They are heavy and black, but just not willing to test the "won't freeze" claim at this time... We had enough lost this week.
Ariel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal