Author Topic: Check in  (Read 647 times)

tlwagg

Check in
« on: January 12, 2023, 04:53:54 PM »
Hey guys tornados are touching down all over South Georgia and South Alabama. When the front passes let us know how you area did and if you need anything. So far North Fulton is fine.

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

bountyhunter

Re: Check in
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 05:00:32 PM »
Meriwether County a tornado touched down on a cattle farm north of Greenville 
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

Abigayle

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 05:52:45 PM »
Missed us, but came close.  Friends in Spalding Co. and near there were not as lucky, but so far, no injuries.  I am told people were trapped in the Walmart there and Hobby Lobby lost it's whole roof.  Lots of  flooding.
I know someone else that was hit but that person needs to report, not my story to tell.
I have been worried about you'al.
Ariel

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2023, 07:35:06 PM »
Just had sense enough to plug the Wi-Fi into solar generator. Our house is safe, we only lost 8 foot of gutters on the back of the house. Lost 5 humongous trees right at the house. All cars crushed beyond use. Chicken yard crushed, coop intact. Propane tank crushed under a tree, losing $500 worth of propane. Still no power at the house but oil lamps and electric lamp via solar generator. Will plug the refrigerator in at bedtime. Tree yanked the power box off the wall at my son’s shop. No injuries, God had us under his palm.
Scary as poop, I was on the phone with tlwagg when the tornado hit. Sad to say I was a basket case.
Ravenwood

tlwagg

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2023, 07:57:20 PM »
Ravenwood do you still have Tigger's old generator? That thing should be able to run your whole house.

Abigayle

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2023, 08:08:59 PM »
Ravenwood, remember if you need help with your system, Thor can talk either you, or your son through it.  Sounds like you have everything under control.  Please call him any time with any questions.  We were extra blessed to have our system at the ready, but not having to use it.
I hurried through the morning, doing all chores that I could before the storm and very cold weather coming.  After getting in a nice hot tub and soaping up my hair, Thor announced the tornado warning.  I calmly said, "you mean watch".  He asked me if he stuttered. So much for a nice long soak.
Walking around putting the critters up and hooking up heaters, I thanks God for every little detail around me.
Ravenwood, you know where we are....If you don't have heat, we fortunately do and you are welcome...

nj_m715

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 08:09:46 PM »
do you need help?

what do you need?

bountyhunter

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2023, 08:25:53 PM »
Ravenwood.....I am in Manchester if you need help. I might be able to get a couple of folks together to come over and lend a hand
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

tlwagg

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2023, 08:35:20 PM »
We are a couple of hours away but if there's anything we can do let us know.

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2023, 08:38:49 PM »
We are ok tonight. Tomorrow I will call the tree man, but not sure when he will get to me. Dreading the cold front as we don’t have propane now for heat. But I have a couple of buddy burners and the solar generator for electric heaters.
Heading to bed soon, this has been a hell of an afternoon!
Ravenwood

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2023, 05:46:43 AM »
We are OK here.  The storm went thru after dark in three waves.  Will get a look out when it gets light to see if there are any trees down.  I know there will be lots of limbs.  Power blipped off and on several times but we never lost power.

RWS

Ravenwood,  If you had those oak trees cut up and split I bet you you would have several tractor trailer loads. 

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2023, 07:02:58 PM »
Just a quick check in as I plugged the internet into the solar generator. Still no power. We did get the propane tank shut off from leaking $500 worth of propane. 😢 cell and text coverage in my area not dependable. Waiting hear from tree worker. Making it ok with paraffin lamps and one electric lamp. Double buddy burner ready and working. Set the milk on the back steps as it is sure to be colder than frig. Don’t know what else to say unless you have an army of loggers in reserve, ha ha. Sorry I can’t call/text. Beyond kind neighbor chainsawed a path out our back door and did something to help me be able to get to the chickens better. I was too cold to go back down and see the results. Dark now and I am exhausted. Many tree/roofers stopped by today looking for business. You can bet I will have a wood burning stove installed in my fireplace by summer. Didn’t know I needed a back up for the backup.  Abigayle will contact you as needed as tomorrow I am going to hook up a few solar panels to try to charge generator. Thanks for everyone’s concern.
Going dark now. 🥰❤️
Ravenwood

Abigayle

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2023, 02:08:18 PM »
Can't get to Ravenwood at this time.  Checked on roads, many still not open.  We worked together (Thor, Ravenwood and I) to trouble shoot.  She has some panels set up now, but has too much wood too close to the house to set up the rest.  We are waiting to see how much good that number does, since it was later in the day and her batteries were low.  It will take about 10% of what it is producing to run the generator.  Ravenwood cell is very low, soo she had to do a lot of running back and forth from her home phone to the generator.  She was feeling poorly before the storm and the cold and stress is not helping her at all.
I know she won't ask, for help and she might scream at you if you tell her that you are going to try to get there (ask me how I know).  She is trying to be very independent, under bad conditions.  We don't have a way to clean wood from behind her porch unless it is smaller stuff.
The power could be off there for another week.  Thank heaven it will warm up some after tonight.  All her food in the fridge is bad, but she won't go hungry.  We will check roads in the morning.  We used to live in Spalding CO. so know the back roads.  Hope to have a good report for you tomorrow.  Keep her in your prayers, please.
Ariel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal