Author Topic: I’m prepping Lucky Charms.  (Read 579 times)

BennyMG1

I’m prepping Lucky Charms.
« on: January 17, 2023, 07:13:35 AM »
Getting rid of everything and replacing with boxes and boxes of lucky charms.

https://www.goodranchers.com/blog/new-government-funded-foodpyramid-says-lucky-charms-are-healthier-than-steak

Not sure why this is being dredged up again now since this has already been debunked in 2011. The sad thing is that there are actually sheeple out there that will now be eating Lucky Charms three meals a day.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Abigayle

Re: I’m prepping Lucky Charms.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 10:18:52 AM »
Never fed that crap to my kids... Closets we will come is shredded wheat.  They are trying to kill us all.  Do we mix them with crickets???
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 11:30:46 AM »
I am prepping 9 grain cereal, cream of wheat, oat meal, scrambled eggs and hash browns.  That is my breakfast menu.  I could not find grits packed for 30 yrs so we just keep some in the freezer.

When I was in Vietnam the Army fed me powdered eggs (scrambled eggs) every morning for a month when we were surrounded and I hated powdered eggs after that.  I hope I have wasted my money and never have to eat them again!  If I get hungry enough though I will....

Surveyor1

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 11:47:56 AM »
I put grits in Mylar, they should last longer than me.  As far as the government recommendations go, they also said:  2 weeks to flatten the curve, safe and effective, you can keep your doctor, and more recently, Trump was irresponsible in his handling of classified documents….  In other words, the lie about everything and cater to the lobbyists, yes the system is broken…
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Surveyor1

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2023, 11:55:18 AM »
Off topic but…. Hey BennyMG1 you must be getting ready to buy some lumber for a project?  I just noticed on the commodity market that lumber is suddenly up 28% after being pretty low.  So BennyMG1 what are you getting ready to build😳🤔😳….  (Lumber only goes up when BennyMG1 needs it…)
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

nj_m715

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2023, 01:20:29 PM »
grits is just course ground corn

crush some pop corn and sift

you get a pile of grits and a pile of corn meal

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2023, 01:48:12 PM »

Yes,  I have corn and hand grinder but do not want to have to use them.

Abigayle

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2023, 02:03:32 PM »
NJ Good advice on the grinding of popcorn, if the price of it had not gone up so high.  When I looked it over decided to buy both and do the mylar.
Just in case something were to happen to my chickens, I have frozen eggs.  I use the little tiny muffin pans and put an egg in each one. When they freeze in two hours, I put them in a freezer bag.  I also make up quiche and freeze it. The only tricky part of that is you have to freeze it before you cook it, then thaw and cook.  Just try and find a flat place in a freezer when you need one.  Any slight of hand and it's a goner, not to mention the mess in the freezer.  If you use a try, you need even more room.
Quiche is much better then Lucky charms for breakfast and you can microwave a slice the next day.  I made one with Yoders bacon that was long term storage but has reached it's prime, along with some cheese. R.W. another good use for all those mushrooms we got on sale.
Ariel

Surveyor1

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2023, 03:06:22 PM »

Be advised that popcorn is harder and may damage your grinder.  I bought a cheap cast iron grinder so I can grind items before I put in my expensive grinder.  I also bought extra burrs for my grinder if they wear out. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal