Author Topic: This Is Why I’ve Never Been a Fan Of CC In Back Waistband  (Read 559 times)

Surveyor1

This Is Why I’ve Never Been a Fan Of CC In Back Waistband
« on: February 20, 2023, 04:05:00 PM »
This guy got killed for a couple of reasons.  Concealed carry in your back waistband has never appealed to me for exactly this reason.  The guy had no idea the punk was going to grab his gun since no eyes in the back of his head!  The biggest reason he died was really just a knee jerk reaction and not thinking.  If he would have thought it through he would have realized that he was Now chasing an armed criminal while he himself was unarmed! 

When I carry my gun is always in the waistband on my gun hand side where I can more quickly get to it.  This story is really sad but if you CC carry let it be a wake-up call!

https://www.theblaze.com/news/georgia-teen-allegedly-steals-man-s-gun-and-shoots-him-to-death-in-a-dunkin-donuts-parking-lot
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

bountyhunter

Re: This Is Why I’ve Never Been a Fan Of CC In Back Waistband
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 04:41:03 PM »
Even on your strong side (gun side) a man can clear 21 feet before YOU have a chance to clear holster......thats proven.
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

Surveyor1

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 05:08:54 PM »
Even on your strong side (gun side) a man can clear 21 feet before YOU have a chance to clear holster......thats proven.

Yep…. I completely agree with that statement!  That being said though, there aren’t many options…🤔😳
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Abigayle

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 09:16:33 AM »
How about just not making it visible? For women, there are purchase with special side pockets.  Wear clothing that covers the piece.
A little reminder to never leave your weapon in your car unless you have a gun safe that is attached, as in nailed down.  Most crimes are committed with stolen weapons.
Ariel

John Galt 1

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 06:47:10 PM »

I've got a few cop friends who've told me that their holsters are designed to only allow the pistol to be pulled if it is rocked forward before lifting to minimize the chance of someone pulling the pistol from behind.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

Abigayle

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 09:25:41 PM »
Yet in tussles, preps get the guns from cops and things go downhill in a hurry.  I hate to be on guard all the time and would rather have it invisible, if I were to own a gun:). Also, in an active shooter situation the open carry person will be one of the first targets, perhaps before they even know there is a threat.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal