Author Topic: Power Grid Attacks  (Read 648 times)

Surveyor1

Power Grid Attacks
« on: February 26, 2023, 12:34:39 PM »
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Abigayle

Re: Power Grid Attacks
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 03:19:06 PM »
Dr.Ben Carson was right on target, when he said that our antiquated grid was doomed to fail.  He considered it our greatest threat.  This was before we inherited a deranged president from the Dems., who throws money away as if to deliberately ruin this country.
I think an attack on our power grid is in the top three elements that can and will take down this country.  I see bank failures, E.M. P. and W.W. III as very likely take downs.  Big question, can this country, once again come together to  self protect?  I think we all have our doubts, that is why we take care of our own.  I still pray that the worst in us will bring out the best in us, when our backs are against the wall.  Time to go "scare" another hawk off...

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2023, 07:03:39 AM »
Looks like it is about time to make sure your solar powered, battery back electrical system is in top shape.  EMP protection is a MUST ! 

https://dcdirtylaundry.com/u-s-government-says-russia-will-soon-attack-power-grid-which-means-the-deep-state-is-planning-another-false-flag-attack-on-america/

" A man that sees danger coming and does nothing is a Fool". 

Abigayle

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2023, 10:46:15 AM »
R.W.S. What are you doing to protect your system?
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2023, 11:12:40 AM »
I put a ground rod at every solar panel array (6).  I tie a surge suppressor between the array (Combiner box) and the ground rod.  I run a #6 ground wire in to the power distribution panel from each combiner box.  I have a surge suppressor on the incoming Grid power line.  I pray a lot for the Lord to have mercy on me.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 11:53:13 AM by RWS »

Abigayle

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2023, 01:56:28 PM »

R.W.S., I can do that last one.  This sounds like it would be good for lightening.  I wondered if a faraday cover over the whole generator, and taped to the floor with electrical (silver) tape would do it, since it sits on a wooden floor, on a concrete slap.  Thor told me no, wouldn't work....there there are the panels.  I am guessing we will be living without power....The best laid plans of mice and men...
Ariel

John Galt 1

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2023, 07:34:50 AM »
You have to be careful when using more than 1 system ground.      Having more than one system ground rod within 100' of each other can trip the inverter's ground fault sensor.

Since the panel frames and metal stand are insulated from the electrical components inside the panels RWS's separate ground rods for each panel group isn't a problem as long as the combiner box isn't actually touching the panel mounts. 

I've also got 4 high quality surge protectors, 2 AC, 2 DC.      But the lightning still got past and got me last fall.
Talk is cheap, Actions count.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2023, 10:06:58 AM »
Every thing, panel frames, racking & stand are grounded.  The thing is all grounds are common.  Meaning they all tie to one point and that is the system ground.  So,  there is no different ground potential to cause a problem.  Anytime you have more than one ground, they should be tied together, ELSE  you will have a lightning problem.

I run what is called an un-grounded solar array which means neither the plus or the minus panel wires are grounded.  The ground goes back to the common point (of the system) and the common point to the charge controllers.  If you do not have a good ground system with surge suppressors then you are rolling the dice when it comes to lightning damage.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal