Author Topic: Greater Idaho Movement  (Read 383 times)

BennyMG1

Greater Idaho Movement
« on: March 01, 2023, 07:21:18 AM »
I’ve been watching this for a couple of weeks. The general gist is that several states in western Oregon want to leave Oregon and become part of Idaho. I didn’t think much of it at the time because I thought “snowball chance in hell” that will happen. However, it seems to be gaining momentum. Some of us are watching closely as, if it happens, it will set a precedent and other areas could follow.  Personally, I would be fine if my county decided to join Florida or Alabama. IMHO, Atlanta has ruined this state.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Abigayle

Re: Greater Idaho Movement
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 08:54:12 AM »
Benny, agree completely. The voting block in Atlanta has changed the reflection and outcomes of elections in the whole state, and as a result, nationally.
In rural areas, we rarely saw Democratic signs in yards.
I have had my phone number for many years.  Before this, a woman named Nellie owned it.  I still get lots of calls during elections to remind me to vote, give me a ride to the polling place and more.  This year, they offered me 100.00 an hour to carry a sign in a march.  This wasn't the Republican Party.  I have tried for years to get off their lists.  I insult them constantly.  The only upside is that I have come too realize how powerful and down right pushy they have become.  I did not get calls from the Republican Party, nor any independent correspondence.
I hope Buckhead gets to leave Atlanta.  They can't even go shopping without a guard.
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 10:14:52 AM »
The East Oregon counties still do not have a snow balls chance.  If Oregon & Idaho agree then it goes to the House & Senate.  I don't believe it will get by the Senate.... JMHO

bountyhunter

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2023, 08:55:38 PM »
Never know! It might just happen......
Buckhead in Atlanta is on the cusp of becoming self governing and succeding from Atlanta.
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal