Author Topic: What is wrong with people?  (Read 394 times)

BennyMG1

What is wrong with people?
« on: March 07, 2023, 10:43:56 AM »
There were already travel advisories issued for Mexico and yet Americans still insist on going. The abducted Americans have been found. Two are dead. A coworker of mine has a trip planned in two weeks. I’ve tried to explain the dangers to her and she continually says that she’ll be safe. The level of normalcy bias is unbelievable even in the face of things like this happening. I just don’t get it. The drive to go to a Mexican beach and drink supersedes survival instinct.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Surveyor1

Re: What is wrong with people?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 10:56:55 AM »
BennyMG1 I just simply don’t get it either…. There are plenty of really nice beaches and beautiful points of interest all over this country.  My days of international travel have been over for quite some time, especially to places where I would have a greater chance of getting killed by the violent elements of society!  That’s another reason why I also avoid Atlanta 🤔!
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Abigayle

Re: What is wrong with people?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2023, 02:14:40 PM »
A lot of people walk across the border onto a block of medical offices and over-night stay hospitals.  Some claim they have gotten better care there, than in the states for far less money.  Some can not afford the care here.  This might not be the Cartel.  The Dr.'s at the border pay protection money, to be left alone.  This is try of the restaurants on the strip as well.  I have never been to that area, but when we were considering  moving to the water, a half hour from Merida Mexico, we visited with sereral people who had work done there.  Most around Merida stuck closer to that area, as it was inexpensive and they had good medical.
I am pretty certain that the woman who went over for a tummy tuck is full of shock and regret.  Most people walk over, so mistakes are not made.
There are certain areas the gangs and cartels leave alone, because their families all live, or vacation there.  Celestun is one such place as well.
I will do everything in my power to avoid Atlanta.  Even six years ago, the Panamanian people thought of Atlanta as the worse place on earth, just from watching nightly news.  Some even considered that the whole U.S. must be that bad, not taking into account the size of our country.
Why would a basketball player be in Russia, where they were at war and would love to have hostages to trade. We bailed out the wrong one.  Get that Marine out of there!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal