Author Topic: What a Great Day….  (Read 379 times)

Surveyor1

What a Great Day….
« on: March 12, 2023, 12:53:20 PM »
As I sit hear listening to the rain on the metal roof and watch the chickens float by I’m glad I prepared yesterday!  I thought, “tomorrow will be a great day to make a big pot of venison chili😎!”  Venison burger and venison breakfast sausage with diced tomatoes, green chilies and 2 types of beans, navy and kidney.  Now the hard part, smelling it all day while it simmers…🤔😳😎. 
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Abigayle

Re: What a Great Day….
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 07:44:41 PM »
This is the first time in many years when we didn't put a deer in the freezer.  I've been missing it...those nice roasts, sliced with onions and the venison chili...so heathy.  I would love to be young and field dress my own buck...ain't gonna happen.
We taught our chickens to swim months ago, shame on you!

Surveyor1

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2023, 07:48:57 PM »
This is the first time in many years when we didn't put a deer in the freezer.  I've been missing it...those nice roasts, sliced with onions and the venison chili...so heathy.  I would love to be young and field dress my own buck...ain't gonna happen.
We taught our chickens to swim months ago, shame on you!

Don’t field dress Thor!!!  Heck Abs buy him a leisure suit if you have to but for heaven’s sake don’t field dress the ole Buck!!!😳🤦‍♂️🙏
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Abigayle

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2024, 04:14:34 PM »
Anyone else with a sweet tooth?  I got to thinking that when things go south, I may not have time to stand around and bake cookies.
This week, I decided to take a look at instant pudding.  A small box takes two cups of milk, wish for two minutes...doable.  Walmart near us HAD one large and one small box of the chocolate, and the same in banana.  I had a gallon of raw milk, so made a small box.  I rehydrated some bananas and added some....pretty good.
My main point was the four boxes...total.  of instant pudding.
Each month, I concentrate on adding something to storage.  I am back to sweets.  Time goes fast.  I also noticed that one stick of Crisco (one cup). was $5.00.  They even made that box look like it contained two sticks.  I used an old can of Crisco this winter and it was just fine.  It also has other uses.  The five dollar stick was still there when I left....crazy times.  Big bags of rice were up apron 30% for the bigger bags, from a few months back.  Anyone seeing shortages, or price gouging?
Ariel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal