Author Topic: Oxygen Concentrator  (Read 520 times)

Surveyor1

Oxygen Concentrator
« on: March 23, 2023, 10:28:35 AM »
There are so many benefits to having a good O2 level in your bloodstream!  Do any of y’all have an oxygen Concentrator that you could give opinion, advice or issues. 
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

YellowRose

Re: Oxygen Concentrator
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 06:32:35 PM »
I have an oxygen concentrator.  I bought it very early in Covid, before most people had heard of coronavirus.  (They doubled in price about a month later.  It pays to panic early)  I got a Dedakj brand one, which is a cheap Chinese made one.  It has actually gotten a fair bit of use, for both Covid and non-Covid related reasons.   

My thoughts.  I paid $250 for mine in Feb. 2020.  Even the cheap ones are around $500 on Amazon these days.  Though there seem to be some refurbished ones available for less.  The 'cheap' Dedakj brand concentrator lasted for about two and a half months of regular use before it started making noises, and started to sometimes work, sometimes not.  I have been unable to source replacement parts.

Would I make the same decision again?  I'm not sure.  I guess it depends on what scenario you are prepping for.  For using it for a few weeks to get through an illness, the 'cheap' one is probably fine.  If you think you may need it on an ongoing basis, I would bite the bullet and buy a better quality one.  It is an expensive enough prep, particularly for something that has a relatively low likelyhood of being useful.  Though I did end up being glad I had one.  I haven't decided if I will actually spend the money to replace mine now that it has become unreliable. 

Surveyor1

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2023, 11:24:57 AM »
Thanks Yellowrose for the insights!  I’m leaning toward getting one so any info and opinions are greatly appreciated 🙏😎!
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

tlwagg

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2023, 01:08:19 PM »
Hubby bought an Intogen 1 after his "breakthrough" case of covid a couple of years ago. He used it and than his mother used it before she died. I'm not sure not how much it coast but it is more than $250.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal