Author Topic: IMPORTANT!!! Antibiotics  (Read 924 times)

BennyMG1

IMPORTANT!!! Antibiotics
« on: April 30, 2023, 05:36:25 AM »
I just want to be sure that everyone knows that the animal antibiotics that you can purchase online and over the counter will NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE WITHOUT A PRESCRIPTION after June 11 of this year.

That gives us roughly a month to stock up if you haven’t already.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Surveyor1

Re: IMPORTANT!!! Antibiotics
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2023, 08:38:39 AM »
Thanks for the heads up!!!
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Searchboss

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 12:23:52 PM »
Thanks for the reminder. I learned of this several weeks ago and ordered a few things to fill some holes. During the process, I noted that there were already several companies that used to offer antibiotics that no longer carry them. What a shame!

upacreek

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 10:40:57 AM »
Does anyone have a good source?  I bought some years and years ago.  It's past time I should update the stash.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

nj_m715

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2023, 11:03:04 AM »
these prices are normally good, especially when you buy 2 of the same bottle
buy the higher dosage and larger bottles for the best price per dose

things have been going in and out of stock
one week they have penicillin, the next they dont
so keep checking

https://www.calvetsupply.com/capsules-and-tablets-fish-aid-antibiotics.html

Abigayle

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2023, 01:33:56 PM »
Benny I know a lot of RX's last past the expiration date.  I bought a bottle a few months ago and we can make colloidal silver, if solar survives what ever is thrown at us.  Any feel for actual shelf life? 
I would also like to hear from anyone that used it after the date, and the effectiveness.  Some of my tinctures will act as an anti-biotic, but sometimes, certain people can't use certain things.  I won't know about these for awhile.
Ariel

Surveyor1

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2023, 03:45:33 PM »
Benny I know a lot of RX's last past the expiration date.  I bought a bottle a few months ago and we can make colloidal silver, if solar survives what ever is thrown at us.  Any feel for actual shelf life? 
I would also like to hear from anyone that used it after the date, and the effectiveness.  Some of my tinctures will act as an anti-biotic, but sometimes, certain people can't use certain things.  I won't know about these for awhile.

There have been numerous studies done by various organizations but the military did a pretty extensive study years ago.  The vast majority of medications in pill form hold their effectiveness for a very very long time past the “mandated” expiration date!  Small article discussing this below.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/drug-expiration-dates-do-they-mean-anything#:~:text=With%20a%20large%20and%20expensive%20stockpile%20of%20drugs%2C,use%20even%2015%20years%20after%20the%20expiration%20date.
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Fixit

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2023, 07:10:50 PM »
For pill form in bubble packs I use
https://www.alldaychemist.com/
Even though they are based in India it may ship from somewhere else . Framing on my latest order indicates Denmark .

Abigayle

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2023, 08:08:48 PM »
CA. was out of some 250 mg but had most of the 500 mg.  This was five minutes ago. 

aces

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2023, 08:38:24 PM »
This vendor sent me an email that the RX requirement kicks in at the end of the month.  They still have stock like amoxicillin, cephalexin, ciprofloxacin, metrodonidazole, and doxycycline.  I bought from them  twice before and always experienced accurate and fast delivery. 

https://thefishaid.com/collections/aqua-antibiotics

« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 12:09:59 PM by aces »

Searchboss

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2023, 09:40:29 AM »
Earlier this year I added to my stock of antibiotics by buying from a fish antibiotic vendor before they become unavailable without a vet prescription. I have been satisfied with the products I have received. Coincidentally I also found another source for “emergency antibiotic supply” that I have not seen on the forum. Below is the web link and some information I copied from their website. I have ordered a “JASE Case” from them to see what is available and am satisfied with the results, although the quantity was disappointing. Be advised that they require ID and will collect personal information just like any medical practitioner. The process for me was simple and all I did was complete the request online. A week later I received the medication. Since that first order, JASE sent me a follow-up email advising me that some of the medications I received were about to expire (meaning it has been a year since they were delivered) and suggested that I order a new JASE Case to update them. Typical marketing, but the reminder was helpful to get me to review my inventory.

https://jasemedical.com/

JASE Medical is for adults who desire an emergency supply of medication to have on hand in the event of a serious emergency or when professional medical help is not available.
Emergency Antibiotic Kit includes:
•   Unlimited physician follow-up for any questions relating to the use of any medication prescribed
•   Emergency Antibiotic Guide written by board-certified physicians as a companion to the use of your prescribed antibiotics
•   Amoxicillin-clavulanate 875 mg tablets (28 tablets)
•   Azithromycin 250 mg tablets (6 tablets)
•   Ciprofloxacin 500 mg tablets (28 tablets)
•   Doxycycline 100 mg capsules (120 capsules)
•   Metronidazole 500 mg tablets (30 tablets)

Each medical bundle is intended as an emergency supply for ONE ADULT.
Pricing:
For US patients: $259.95 USD*
They usually offer a $15 off coupon so the actual price would end up $245 plus tax.

New this year they are offering a 12** month Jase Daily medication supply which is supposed to provide you with a 12 month supply of prescription medications that you take daily, etc. I have not had any experience with this service so I cannot offer any advice. I have not been able to find out what the pricing might be, but it probably depends on what the specific medications needed are. This might be of some use to people who want to keep stock on hand.

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2023, 06:17:34 PM »
So this JASE site will still work after the June 30 deadline?
Ravenwood

Searchboss

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2023, 12:47:19 PM »
Yes, it will. Essentially you are getting a prescription for the medications from a licensed physician by way of a remote or virtual consultation (via their website) which is then sent to their preferred pharmacy. The pharmacy in turn fills the prescriptions and sends them to you via mail. Each pill bottle has a typical prescription label with your name, the drug name, quantity, date, etc. just like what you receive when you get any prescription filled at your local pharmacy.

Below is a link to a review of the JASE Case with pictures.
Jase Case Review
https://www.roadaffair.com/jase-case-review/

nj_m715

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2023, 01:04:49 PM »
might be affordable if you have a good prescription plan

going through the system means you can go through the system

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2023, 01:56:54 PM »
Thanks! I have a routine visit coming up shortly with the NP and will ask her to order these and see if my insurance company will cover them.
Ravenwood

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal