Author Topic: Black Beans  (Read 272 times)

Abigayle

Black Beans
« on: June 06, 2023, 03:42:40 PM »
Drug the sun oven out two days ago.  I wanted a quick meal, since I was canning lots of garlic, and knew I would be tired.  I soaked black beans for about two hours in the morning.  In my enamel round pan, I put in some onion flavored "Better than Bouillon", black beans, and the following from the garden: Half a cabbage chopped, 2 garlic cloves, sliced. two sliced carrots, a handful of cherry tomatoes, cut in two.  I added some farrow.  In three hours, everything was cooked and the flavors had blended.  I had also thrown in some herbs.  One thing I like to do with thyme, is take around ten four inch pieces, tie it in the middle with another piece.  After cooking, throw it out.  This is the lazy way to use the herb and still reap its benefits. 
I have chopped squash and sweet potatoes to this dish, but we just had a huge summer squash casserole and the potatoes are still in the future.  When it comes to vegetables this time of year, if we are not growing it, we are not eating it.  Hope you find this helpful.  Over the years, I may read something I may not like but it gives me an idea....That's all this is... Using what we have.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal