Author Topic: sleeping outdoors staying bug free and lightweight?  (Read 701 times)

Rockhopper

sleeping outdoors staying bug free and lightweight?
« on: July 07, 2023, 11:37:36 PM »
There was a cheaper hammock similar to this on Amazon, but I like the subdued colours of this one better. If I had to sleep outside in the summer this might be a good choice. Just hang a tarp over it, or better yet lash a pole from tree to tree parallel to the ground above the hammock, then throw a tarp over the pole. The pole helps to prevent widow maker limbs above from falling on you. Not perfect but will add a lot of protection. Additional poles can be added. I recently used this method using kudzu vine as twine. It worked great, very strong.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L6LBTS8/ref=ewc_pr_img_2?smid=AYWNBKLQH6BQS&psc=1

Rockhopper

Re: sleeping outdoors staying bug free and lightweight?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2023, 09:06:29 AM »
Techniques when in the woods:

Abigayle

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2023, 10:13:13 AM »
Gosh Hopper, where would you ever find Kudju vines in the south?  I have read that the leaves are edible, but have not tried them.  Recently, I read that when you trim the vines on your sweet potatoes, that you can cook the leaves, like you would any greens.  I brought in a few handfuls this morning, not willing to waste some bacon and onion on something that might be bloody awful. I threw a couple to the hens that looked at me as if to say, "you have got to be kidding me. 
Hopefully, we will never be eating things that we turn our noses up to now.  I will try this new delight on the younger group.
Good information, by the way.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 06:55:06 PM by Abigayle »
Ariel

Fixit

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2023, 02:30:06 PM »
Yes Kudzu vine leaf is eat able . Last I did  I steamed lightly and then made dogmas with them . As for sweet potato leaf if you eat spinach then you will like  them .
Now excuse me as I need to pickle some .ore radish seed pods .

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal