Author Topic: Vinegar Warning  (Read 323 times)

Starlady

Vinegar Warning
« on: July 13, 2023, 07:22:52 PM »
Some brands of vinegar are adding more water now to lower the acidity to 4% instead of 5%, and no doubt increasing profit.   Check the label before you buy if you are planning on using it for pickling.   Your stuff won't be safe!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Abigayle

Re: Vinegar Warning
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023, 01:50:03 PM »
Bragg and Heinze are still at 5% & 6%, I had a Clover that I use for wiping jars and counter tops, it was still at 5%.  This is a good thing to keep an eye on, for sure!  If people are used to grabbing a certain brand and think it will be the same as the last bottle, they could be in trouble.
Last purchase, I could only get Bragg at the store....$5.00  a quart.  I complained out loud and a man who turned out to be "like minded", said "better get it while you still see it on the shelf, there is a shortage".  I have been seeing this for awhile, so was aware.
The Canadian Prepper, who uses a light, fun way to educate us about the food we grow, sang the praises of cucumbers.  This reminded me of the great food value.  There is value in pickling as well. Sooo, now I have cucumbers coming out of my ears, and I am trying different recipes, therefore, used more vinegar than expected.  Thanks, Star Lady!
Ariel

Surveyor1

Re: Vinegar Warning
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2023, 10:12:03 AM »
There is value in pickling as well. Sooo, now I have cucumbers coming out of my ears, and I am trying different recipes, therefore, used more vinegar than expected.  Thanks, Star Lady!

I was watching the Andy Griffith show the other day and I’m pretty sure Aunt Bea had a unique pickle recipe…😳🤔😂…
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal