Author Topic: Wash, Rinse, Repeat....  (Read 324 times)

Abigayle

Wash, Rinse, Repeat....
« on: August 02, 2023, 07:57:33 AM »
Are some of us becoming like the weather?  I know I am.  Although I am learning to make tinctures, I have dropped the ball on that recently by not taking time to study or produce.  We just can't buy the stuff (cheese cloth, bottles, seed) we have to produce. I have been guilty of turning to the things I know.  Things I can almost do in my sleep. This week, I am going to take out my pile of Prepper books, like The Peppers Blue Print, and add a new skill. Not sure what it will be.  I have to think in terms of need.
Those of you youngsters, who are still working, may be hard pressed to do this.  You out there with young families and laughing right now, and saying "Easy for you to say, Abigayle".  Well it's not...I am tired and burning out.  For me though, if I believe in what I am doing, then this is needed.
If you can't take on a single project right now, can you find a C.D. or old tape to listen to on the way to work?  Maybe there is something out there you can benefit from, while sitting at a stoplight.   Did I just say "listen to a tape?"  O.k. then, have a good one.

BennyMG1

Re: Wash, Rinse, Repeat....
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2023, 08:59:43 AM »
Great idea !!!
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

HogJowlHomestead

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2023, 02:43:02 PM »
Ha no i feel ya, im currently enrolled in two online courses for oscilloscope diagnostics, it can be rather dry. Im expanding my side hustle as i am in financial survival mode. Its hard to find time but i know if i do nothing inflation will completely wipe me out. Try to get one course done a day, and a few minutes of reading in on farming or prepping and the Word.
Psalms 127:3-5

Abigayle

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2023, 04:21:13 PM »
Hog Jowl, Have to give you a lot of credit.  You are a thinker and a doer.  Your boys have great models, their parents and our Lord.
Watching the weather, looks like it is thinking about moving in.  Take good care!

Abigayle

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2023, 01:28:48 PM »
I have picked the new skill that I am going to attempt to master.  I am ashamed to say, that I have put it off all these years.  Nagging my husband, to no avail, got old about ten years ago.
As I write this post, I have two canners going, one with four quarts the other with seven.  That is a lot of chopping of chicken, onions, garlic, potatoes, celery, peppers, etc. An old Navy cook once told me that he never cut himself with a sharp knife.  That makes perfect sense.  The sharp blade goes where you put it.  I cut a watermelon from the garden yesterday and used three knives before I found one that was easy and accurate.  Hopefully, I will be successful, as I am trying several different methods.
Ordered  2 dozen pint jars from Walmart a few days ago, since I bought thick cut bacon at a good price (Kroger).  It has been delayed twice.  This year, I should have had extra jars, in case I can only run one freezer and need to do meals in a jar.  The garden was prolific and I tried some new things, like canning a fourth of our garlic.  Hope some on here will share a new skill, since others might decide to try something they have not thought about.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal