Author Topic: Instant Potato Pancakes [Food Storage]  (Read 181 times)

aces

Instant Potato Pancakes [Food Storage]
« on: August 24, 2023, 06:56:09 PM »
I have an old box of potato flakes (for mashed potatoes) that I need to use up so I have been searching for new ideas.
I will be publishing a few over the next few days.

Tonight's special comes from allrecipes.com.  Many of you may already know this trick from regular leftover mashed potatoes.

INSTANT POTATO PANCAKES

These potato pancakes with instant potatoes are crispy, crusty, and delicious. They are nothing more than cold instant mashed potatoes
shaped into patties and browned in butter. A sprinkle of chives adds color and flavor.

Recipe by Chef John  Updated on September 21, 2022
Prep Time: 10 mins     Cook Time: 20 mins     Total Time: 30 mins

Ingredients
1 cup cold water

1 large egg, beaten

½ teaspoon salt

¾ cup dry potato flakes

2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided

1 pinch freshly ground black pepper

1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1 tablespoon butter

¼ cup sour cream for garnish

Directions
Whisk together cold water, egg, and salt in a large bowl until salt has dissolved.
Mix in dry potato flakes until incorporated. Stir in 1 tablespoon chives; season with black pepper and cayenne pepper.

Divide potato mixture into 4 equal portions and shape into pancakes.

Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl the pan to combine.

Place pancakes in the pan, reduce heat to medium, and cook until the bottoms are browned, about 10 minutes.
Flip and flatten slightly. Cook until other sides are browned, 7 to 8 more minutes.

Transfer pancakes to a serving plate. Top each with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with remaining chives.

Nutrition Facts
 calories 135
 total fat 11g  saturated fat 5g  cholesterol 55mg  sodium 346mg  total carbohydrate 8g  dietary fiber 1g 
 total sugars 0g  protein 3g  vitamin c 8mg  calcium 30mg  iron 0mg  potassium 144mg

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal