Author Topic: Hurricane Idalia  (Read 379 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Hurricane Idalia
« on: August 29, 2023, 03:36:42 PM »
We went North today to Warner Robins shopping.  I needed to go to a Harbor Freight where they stock a 30A RV plug to a conventional 20 amp female plug.  I got 3 for the BOL.  On my last trip up there we installed 30 Amp outlets around outside.  I realized no many people would be able to use them without the adapter.  The wife never passes up an opportunity  to shop.
On the way South we passed group after group of Power company trucks in groups of 5 or 6 and also tree trimming contractors.  All heading to N. Florida to stage for the storm.  Or they could stage in Valdosta.  Anyway they are on the move.

Abigayle

Re: Hurricane Idalia
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023, 07:37:36 PM »
Praying for Florida...We are South of Atlanta.  I locked both coops and put on covers, the Skies look a bit worrisome.
Ariel

BennyMG1

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023, 04:32:28 AM »
Now they are talking about it being a Cat4 before hitting land. I really hope everyone in the path stays safe. I was on the gulf coast back when Opal did her thing. We didn’t even take a direct hit and I have to admit I was scared.

We are currently under a tropical storm watch. I’ve done what I can to secure things here.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2023, 06:43:14 AM »
I will fuel up everything today (This morning) and sharpen the chain saw.  I may take the roto tiller off the tractor and put on my BAR across the 3 point hitch.  I use it to drag logs.....

Edit: 7:24 AM  The new update from the weather channel shows the track now going more East and not getting up to where I am.  Now breathing a little easier.  Just getting rain and some wind.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 07:28:03 AM by RWS »

BennyMG1

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2023, 09:51:38 AM »
All is good here after the hurricane. We just got a nice soaking shower and very little wind. I haven’t made property rounds, but I don’t anticipate any damage.
Trust, but verify. Russian proverb

Searchboss

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2023, 11:35:15 AM »
We made it through the hurricane's passing here in Middle Georgia without incident other than a branch blowing out of a tree. No damage or outages here, unlike an acquaintance down near Waycross who lost power when the storm approached, and it is still out as of this morning. As expected his biggest complaint has been the heat!

Surveyor1

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2023, 02:28:04 PM »
Nothing here other than a lot of rain.  We did have one gust that blew an empty styrofoam egg carton off my picnic table outdoors (18 count carton so one of the bigger ones!)
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

RWS

• Bugged Out
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2023, 04:32:35 PM »
The storm turned East and went South of me so I was on the west side with little wind and a drizzle of rain most of the day until afternoon.  No trees or limbs down.  Never lost grid power.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal