Author Topic: Sat. Nov. 4th Gwinnett Fairgrounds Recycling Day and Stone Mountain Hamfest  (Read 269 times)

aces

Make sure you are aware if you are going to the Stone Mountain Hamfest (Georgia convention event) at the Gwinnett County Fairgrounds on Saturday, Nov. 4th that the entrance for Hamfest will be the gates down to the 2nd turn off Sugarloaf Parkway into the "back" of the exhibit buildings and not the front gate this year. 
More information at the website:
https://stonemountainhamfest.com/

Gwinnett Clean and Beautiful is holding a Recycling Day at the front gates from 8 am to like Noon or 1 pm.  So if you are a Gwinnett resident, bring your recycling (you might be asked for ID) while you are shopping for more stuff at the hamfest! There is always computer stuff if you don't want radio stuff.

Hamfest tickets are $8 each if you order online by this Friday the 27th for an "early" ticket (and to be entered into a drawing for a Nano VNA) or $10 at the gate for those 16 and older.
(Under 16  - admission is free so be sure to bring all the kids you can!)

One gate at hamfest will take credit cards for admission this year.  Whenever I have volunteered to sell tickets, it is always painful explaining where the nearest ATMs are on nearby streets since it has been cash only up to this point.  Our increaslingly cashless society has finally necessitated this change.

I will be selling tickets Saturday from 8-10 am.  I would be tickled to meet any of you that I know or don't know from this group!
I am a tall heavy brunette and will have my white GARS hat and a GARS burgundy windbreaker on.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal