Author Topic: Best Thumb Drive for. EMP Event???  (Read 455 times)

Abigayle

Best Thumb Drive for. EMP Event???
« on: January 22, 2024, 05:17:33 PM »
Most of us that have been doing this awhile, have lots of books to refer to in a grid-down situation.  If you don't I suggest you start looking for some good ones with good reviews.
I would like to find an up-dated thumb drive full of good information on subjects to include what to do in an EMP situation. My. skills are very basic,  although fairly well-rounded. If any of you own one that you find very useful, please share.
Two years ago, FEMA told people to have three days worth of food and water for emergencies...oh how laughed.  Twice in the past month, I have seen FEMA adds suggesting one year of supplies....What the heck? I could not believe my own ears. Then. Obama produces a movie about an EMP event. I think I saw it on Netflix. Remember when they played pandemic? So what's the plan?  Do you believe in coincidence?
Ariel

nj_m715

Re: Best Thumb Drive for. EMP Event???
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2024, 06:23:27 PM »
I'm certainly no expert
I don't know how thumb drives drives work
maybe they are safe. maybe they are not
but I have personally had several sd cards fail without warning

with that said, I have my irreplaceable files on cd's and dvds
just need to keep them safe from fire and getting scratched

when I use a thumb drive I like type that sit almost flush
just so theres no giant wart sticking out of the side of my laptop to catch on things and break the port

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08ZCTPV79

Abigayle

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 09:02:13 AM »
N.J, Thank you, but I am looking for  one for an Apple laptop, that is pre-loaded. I will also need one more to load all my saved information from trusted sources from my lap    top. The computer I am currently using is six years old. The keyboard has issues and replacement of the board is costly. I resent having to buy a new one, but have no choice.
I would consider any good information loaded that is not beginner level and does not involve bugging up. We didn't move to this spot to be forced to abandon it.
Ariel

Fixit

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 02:25:58 PM »
There are a lot out there but here is a good one to start with .
https://tacda.org/product-category/emp-resistant-waterproof-usb/
Now that come preloaded a ton of info .
Also somewhere on etsy there is an external harddrive with a ton of info on it .

Fixit

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024, 08:51:58 PM »
Happened to think of two more you might want . First would be Backwoods Home magazine . They sell a thumb drive with all their back issues in it . Homesteading info at its best .
 The other is survived library . A great collection of books from way back when .
https://www.survivorlibrary.com/library-download.html
 Many of these books are from the 1800's . So they are from the time before everything went electric.

Abigayle

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2024, 08:31:34 AM »
Thanks Fixit!   The first thumb-drive could not. be checked out.  I could not get a cart. to open. to check out. May have call or try again. I have most of the early survival information in paper form. I  am sure others on here will find these. very useful.
Ariel

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal