Author Topic: Vivoblu Water Filtration  (Read 509 times)

8greenbeans

Vivoblu Water Filtration
« on: January 24, 2024, 11:15:48 AM »
Hey guys! Long time no visit ~ I'll try to get an update post later today especially since we moved. For now, yall are one of my go-to groups to see if anyone has tested or heard of certain products. This time it's the Vivoblu Water Filtration system. One of my beans is thinking about getting this. But there were a couple red flags in the advertising and not many reviews. So, I would love to hear your thoughts especially if you are familiar with the product but also your thoughts if you look them up and read about them.
Thanks so much!

USMC Veteran
LEO & USAF Vet Mama
Navy MIL
Army Daughter
8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
9 GrandBeans
4 Beans-in-law + 3 Future-in-laws
1 MrBeans

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: Vivoblu Water Filtration
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 11:37:54 AM »
Green Beans,  The vivoblu looks like a portable system for emergencies and back packing.  Never have heard if it before.

At my BOL I am using spring water and plan to install an inexpensive  cartridge filter since I got a good water report from testing.  The only thing is this filter does not protect from bacteria so I plan to install a small inline ultraviolet unit for that.  The only problem is I am on solar power so I do not want the light on all the time, Just when I am using it.  My first installation is a bathroom sink cold water.  I plan to install a 120V outlet under the counter top that is tied to the sink light.  So when you come in and turn on the light, the ultraviolet unit will power up.  This should help save on bulb life also.

Sorry I don't know anything about vivoblu.

Abigayle

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 12:42:30 PM »
8. Beans, Welcome back girlfriend! O.K. one. of the few five star. reviews is from the company owner. How many others are family members and employees? I am not seeing any bad reviews.  Do you have a juicer?  The cord on this filter system has some of the same qualities. These bend very easily, and may keep a kink.  They. are also very difficult to clean.
I could not tell if that was a seam on the cover/carrier. If it is, what is the life expectancy?  If used outdoors can you keep it cool.
Have they looked for Berkey scratch and dent sales? I know they are higher, but a smaller one might be a manageable price for the kids. Maybe you found more encouraging information by now, that expels my product concerns.  Looking forward to your "catchup" post.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2024, 02:28:56 PM »
The government outlawed  the Berky filter cartridge a few months ago.  They worked too well !

If you have some, they are now priceless !

Abigayle

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024, 04:43:24 PM »
R.W.S You have got to be kidding me! I do have extra.  Since we are on a well, we run all our drinking water through it.  Our water was tested and it tastes great. It isn't even hard, which surprised us.  With a well, you never know..  There is nothing any higher than us and our neighbors are on a spring, but you just never know. So...why???
Answered my own question. They are banned in CA. until they are approved and certified by a third company, to be lead free....even if they remove lead.  The kicker is that the company is located in CA. I hope the move to GA.!  What a crock.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 08:08:41 PM by Abigayle »
Ariel

8greenbeans

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2024, 06:53:18 PM »
The government outlawed  the Berky filter cartridge a few months ago.  They worked too well !

If you have some, they are now priceless !

It's one of their filters. My other daughter, Bean4, just ordered and received a Big Berkey with typical black filters. If I remember correctly it's the fluoride filters that are banned from being sold.

USMC Veteran
LEO & USAF Vet Mama
Navy MIL
Army Daughter
8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
9 GrandBeans
1 MrBeans

8greenbeans

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2024, 06:59:58 PM »
8. Beans, Welcome back girlfriend!

:D thanks! I posted in the Weekly Check-in for the week on Jan 21 :)
I appreciate your thoughts on the parts. I'm going to pass them on to her.
She said "it's just easy to Amazon survival gear and go with good prices."  :-\ I have an extra I have offered them until they can afford to buy one of their own but they are very independent so won't take it unless it comes down to a pressing need. I'll pass on the scratch n dent tidbit, too. I have Berkey, Katadyn, and 4Patriots myself (thanks Dad!).

USMC Veteran
LEO & USAF Vet Mama
Navy MIL
Army Daughter
8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
9 GrandBeans
1 MrBeans

8greenbeans

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2024, 07:01:50 PM »
Answered my own question. They are banned in CA. until they are approved and certified by a third company, to be lead free....even if they remove lead.  The kicker is that the company is located in CA. I hope the move to GA.!  What a crock.

Thanks for looking it up, especially since I was wrong!

USMC Veteran
LEO & USAF Vet Mama
Navy MIL
Army Daughter
8 Beans + 1 BonusBean
9 GrandBeans
1 MrBeans

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal