Author Topic: Pioneer Living after SHTF  (Read 390 times)

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Pioneer Living after SHTF
« on: February 16, 2024, 07:47:47 AM »
A few months ago, I got the bright idea to prepare and eat meals exactly as the pioneers did for 100 days straight.
Here’s how it went.

https://www.askaprepper.com/i-tried-eating-like-a-pioneer-for-100-days-and-this-is-what-happened/

PS:  The wife is agrivated with me!  I took all of her dried beans and vacuum sealed them in canning jars.  I told her to go buy more !
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 11:29:11 AM by RWS »

Surveyor1

Re: Pioneer Living after SHTF
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 01:15:53 PM »
Thanks for sharing!  A good article and “food for thought”. 

One thing I might add as I have not seen it mentioned lately.  In a SHTF World our diets will change dramatically.  One could find themselves in a situation where they have severe diarrhea or constipation.  I have stocked up plenty of laxative and diarrhea medicine.  Both of those can kill you so being prepared for either of those scenarios would be prudent.
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Abigayle

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 12:18:11 PM »
Surveyor 1, Right before reading your post, Thor. and I were having the same discussion regarding what the change it diet what it would do to our "plumbing".  First. we thought more X-lax type product. In the beginning,  should large  swarms of physically fit young men, swarm  ones homesteads, toilet paper and products that  slow. down the process may be of more value.  Think extreme stress. Just the fact that it just got real  would put. bowels in an uproar. Gatoraid for electrolytes is a good one, but other. electrolyte  products that fit in a smaller space will be needed.
I just ordered another one of the  Swingaway can. openers u suggested.  It works. great.  Two is some...It's going downstairs, in. the event of a bad storm, etc.
This is  why canning is an important skill. You eat healthier longer.  Hold the. salt and additives. I liked the other article regarding making your  own tools. The first comment was spot on.....I loved that guy!  I want him to. live in my basement!

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 07:06:51 AM »
Ingenious Ways to Purify Water in the Wild
In a survival situation, we have to assume that any water we find is unsafe to drink, no matter how clean and clear it might look (assuming you can actually find clear water). Even water that tastes good might not be safe to drink.
Actually, we need to concern ourselves with both filtration and purification. While often used interchangeably, those two words don’t mean the same thing. Filtration removes any suspended sediment in the water, such as dirt, sand or organic matter.

Purification kills or removes microscopic pathogens. Of the two, the microscopic pathogens are the more dangerous, but the sediment will affect the taste of the water and how appetizing it is to drink. I don’t know about you, but I’m not a real fan of drinking muddy water.

https://www.askaprepper.com/ingenious-ways-to-purify-water-in-the-wild/

Abigayle

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2024, 09:07:02 AM »
R.W.S. I spent most of last evening reading Ask A Prepper articles aloud, to Thor. After living the live-style with the exception  of a few years, since 1998, I find few things I have not heard before.  Ask a Prepper has shown us a. few exceptions and offers. food for thought.  I enjoy reading the articles. and comments.  I never comment.
One thing I noticed from a post years ago, was a person. claiming to be 13 years old. I  am not buying it. I'll bet a quarter that it was written by an adult.  Every ounce of my. being wanted it to be a thirteen year old. My fifteen year old granddaughter comes close to this mindset, but I don't think she could dive that deep. at thirteen.
For those of you out there that have not read these articles, please   take the time to do.  I promise it is worth your time.  You may want to jot down. some of the recipes from the depression.  People won't be as kind and sharing as they.  were back then,  not by.  a long shot.  If you have any doubt, check out the reaction of the recent phone outages and the behavior of those people outside. a A.T.&T. store, screaming "do. something, turn them back on".   crazy people!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal