Author Topic: Cell Power Failures Nation Wide  (Read 556 times)

Abigayle

Cell Power Failures Nation Wide
« on: February 22, 2024, 07:54:59 AM »
Not much information at this time.  It hit all major carriers (using their own towers). Anyone have more  information at this time? Sounds like it was early a.m.. I don't have a time frame.
Ariel

tlwagg

Re: Cell Power Failures Nation Wide
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 10:53:38 AM »
My son texted us from his jobsite this morning letting us know he was using his phone as a hotspot since he was the only one with service.

I know Starlink is also having problems and a lot more company's. Starlink could be explained by the radio blackout they were having over Africa and the Pacific. Tim Poole had a video this morning. If you don't have the app download Downdetector it will show you where the outages are.
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston

Surveyor1

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 10:55:06 AM »
Not much information at this time.  It hit all major carriers (using their own towers). Anyone have more  information at this time? Sounds like it was early a.m.. I don't have a time frame.

Started around 3:45 am.  Mostly affecting ATT but other carriers are reporting issues as well but most of the other carriers are saying their issues are with people trying to contact ATT customers.  The affected people get the SOS screen on their phone and it’s also affecting 911 calls.  I’m sure this is some type of government sponsored “test run” but I’m also sure they will blame Putin…. The geniuses said if unable to contact 911 have a friend call them or use a landline🤦‍♂️😳🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️…
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 11:00:38 AM »
Yes,  Check out solar weather.  There have been 2 solar flares in the last 24 hrs, mostly affecting the Western part of the country.  HF radio in Georgia was good this morning.

Ravenwood1950

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 11:40:29 AM »
Any better reason to get your ham license? When everything is gone, ham communication will work!
Thanks to my friends, my station is up and running now. 🙂
Ravenwood

bountyhunter

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2024, 12:40:58 PM »
I have Verizon and it hasnt missed a beat so far.
I agree with ya there Ravenwood....get your licesnse and use your gear and learn your gear.....ust might come in useful.
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

Abigayle

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 01:35:02 PM »
N.O.W. Claimed A.T.&T. said it was spreading. This was at 9:35. a.m. Not all involved their carriers calling others outside the network, but the issue was more prominent.
One theory was the addition of 8G was stressing the older systems. They had not located the issue. The words cyber attack were mentioned by the company, but they admitted they were clueless at that time.
Let's give the immigrants more phones to hang on 24/7. That will help. I bet they attacking A.T.&T. and demanding new phones. Can't reach 911? hmmmm.
Back to work....
Ariel

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2024, 03:59:51 PM »
Pharmacies Across the U.S. Report Widespread Outages Following Cyberattack

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/02/pharmacies-across-u-s-report-widespread-outages-following/

Change Healthcare, a prominent healthcare technology company based in the United States has fallen victim to a cyberattack, leading to widespread outages and delays in prescription processing at pharmacies nationwide.

Owned by UnitedHealth Group, Change Healthcare is critical in the healthcare infrastructure, facilitating the processing of orders and payments for patients across the country.

The cyberattack, which was first detected on the company’s East Coast network early Wednesday morning, has caused enterprise-wide connectivity issues, severely disrupting the usual operations of local pharmacies. These delays in prescription processing are not just inconveniences; they represent a direct impact on patient care and access to necessary medications.

bountyhunter

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2024, 04:46:12 PM »
Glad I dont have your insurance....
Watch your six!
ARRL VE
W5YI VE
Ham Radio General
Region 4 Moderator
US NAVY (RET)
"Never miss the opportunity to train"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal