Author Topic: My Patriot Supply Egg Noodles  (Read 188 times)

Surveyor1

My Patriot Supply Egg Noodles
« on: March 15, 2024, 12:11:38 PM »
BOGO - $14.95 ($7.50 per #10 can).  Yes more expensive by weight than buying at the store but has a 30 year shelf life while being protected from vermin in a can.  I buy a lot of companion products and these would be great in soups and stews. 
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
Re: My Patriot Supply Egg Noodles
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 12:48:59 PM »
Sold Out

Surveyor1

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 04:56:41 PM »
Sold Out

Well darn!  If it pops back up I’ll post again.  My order arrived today.
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

RWS

• Bugged Out
  • It's Weird being the same age as old people
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2024, 05:47:42 PM »
Be Prepared has them for $9.99 a can.  I just get mine at the grocery store and vacuum seal with a desecant pack in a canning jar.

Surveyor1

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2024, 09:40:58 PM »
Be Prepared has them for $9.99 a can.  I just get mine at the grocery store and vacuum seal with a desecant pack in a canning jar.

Yea I bought a good bit and put up in Mylar but I figured I would hedge my bets by getting some in cans that are pretty much “guaranteed” to last 30 years.  I put up a lot of dehydrated hash brown years ago and got worried that the product may have had oil in it that could cause to go bad so I bought some in #10 cans as a backup.  Hopefully all that I put in the bags will be fine when opened and I will have food for much longer than expected.  A backup to a backup so to speak….

Abigayle

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2024, 07:08:49 AM »
Downside to shredded hash browns in number ten cans is have to re-hydrate, then dehydrate all over again, in the cooking process.  The price point is comparatively good, with. the price of potatoes rising. If I think slice and put them in a quart jar, I will throw a  little baggy of powdered cheese and one with minced onion.  I add a piece of butter from the freezer. So far, I have been rotating my frozen butter and yeast, rotating up  to two and a. half years.
A reminder to have some bottled lemon juice on hand for use in your canning of any low acid foods. This includes many tomatoes now. You can also freeze some of it in ice cube trays (the small ones) and throw them in a. freezer bag.
Here's another thought....Marshall Law, which. of the above would they ATTEMPT to. take to share?  What would the city-for-hire employees trust to feed to others?  I won't go into detail regarding that issue on here and neither should you.  Just call it "food for thought"
Ariel

Surveyor1

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2024, 06:46:03 PM »
FYI - the #10 cans are back in stock BOGO $14.95.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal