Author Topic: Tabasco Pepper Question  (Read 124 times)

Surveyor1

Tabasco Pepper Question
« on: April 08, 2024, 10:14:59 AM »
Pretty sure I know the answer but just wanted to double check with the experts here on the forum 😎.  Will deer and rabbits mess with Tabasco peppers.  I have one raised bed not fenced in and was planning on putting my Tabasco in that one since I don’t “think” the animals will mess with them.  Any feedback is appreciated!
Give a man a fish and feed him a day teach him how to fish and you have a friend for life.

Abigayle

Re: Tabasco Pepper Question
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 11:07:15 AM »
I can. tell you that last year, I had a raised bed with jalapeño pepper and a very hot yellow pepper that was mis-marked by the seller (Bakers Creek).  The deer that came along the back side of one row of grapes ate down you young leaves (grapes, but did not touch the peppers in the raised bed about six feet away.  Hope that helps.
Rosemary plants around crops is said to help a lot, so I have started a dozen to move next to our wall to discourage them from come over (along with fish line, tied to T-posts.  We have heard of about 20, plus the small group of yearlings that were sent off on their own this year, as the mommas get ready to give birth again.  These are able to craw under barriers to some extent and have not built in a good "fear system". yet.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal